“needs upgrade, staff very good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Beloit
Cleveland, OHIO
“needs upgrade, staff very good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've stayed at the comfort a number of times; always good, clean rooms, breakfast and great staff; however, it is time for a refurb, needs upgrades furnishing and carpet. Second floor is noisy due to plywood flooring.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I wish I could have spent more time at this hotel. I was in town just over 24 hours for a business meeting. I checked in around 9 p.m. and the front desk clerk was very friendly and quick. He was also very polite. In the morning, when I checked out, he remembered my name and wished me a good day.

The room was large and comfortable. I had a king bed and a sofa. There was a desk and a little round table with two straight chairs. Everything was clean and neat. The room also had a little fridge and a storage cabinet near the bathroom.

The bathroom was ordinary, but clean. It was one of those tiny rooms where you almost need to stand on the toilet to be able to open the door, but other than that it was fine. Everything worked as expected.

The room lighting was a little strange, as most of it appeared to be on a single circuit connected to the switch by the door. This was only annoying when I wanted to read in bed without having every light on; I had to go around turning each one off.

I used the room wi-fi and had no problems with it. It seemed fast and had a very good signal strength.

The room was very quiet, with only a little noise coming in from the parking lot when someone drove a big diesel truck past. The parking lot was small but adequate.

There is an indoor pool and a fitness center at this hotel, but I did not use them. I had the free breakfast, which was minimal but fine. There was fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, hard-boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, and fruit juice in addition to coffee. A few bread products that could be toasted as well. The breakfast area was next to the front desk and had the news on TV. The chairs were a bit wobbly, but everything was neat and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Brevard, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Ty, the man at the desk, was a great help to us. We needed a minor repair on our car, and he sent us to a good place. Then recommended a great place for pizza. A good stay all around.

• Stayed September 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We rolled in LATE after leaving Fort Wayne and driving through Illinois. The front desk overnight manager was quite friendly and did everything he could to assist us. They take dogs and have a good grassy space in the back for walking the dogs. WiFi was excellent and free. Pool looked good but didn't have time to give a try. Breakfast offered decent selection with a waffle maker. USA Today available for guests. Cable television selection was good. We show dogs in that area and I would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RileyRants
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Comfort Inn is my preferred chain. I like their better than average included breakfast and indoor pool. The in room refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker are handy. I like that the sink is inside the bathroom. I can shave without waking my wife and I do not have to watch her morning ablutions. Fitted sheets on the bed meant that I did not have to tuck the bottom sheet back in after freeing the tightly tucked in sides of the top sheet and blanket.

Everything worked, the hot water was hot and plentiful and the climate control kept the room comfortable. Wireless internet worked well.

It was no problem for me, but others may not like the small bathroom. The door barely cleared the stool. To add a couple more overly fussy comments, the sink faucet was badly chosen, with the spout too close to the back of the sink. I could not wash my hands without bumping the basin. I am also tired of the bathroom door hook, just like all the other motel hooks in the country, which are too short and straight to reliably hold up anything that does not have a loop

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hoogo
maryland usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Clean,comfy and good value for the money. We didn't have time for the pool, but appreciate the microwave and fridge in the room.

They do allow pets, and another guest's yapping dog was a bit bothersome.

Good choice if you are traveling through Beloit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank drmom93
bigdave6
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

We stayed on a Saturday to get out of our home and enjoy some comforts and recreation. Our room was spotless and you could tell the carpet was nearly new. We had to turn on the heat because apparently housekeeping turns it off to save energy - that's my only gripe. We enjoyed a good time in the pool and fitness facility, used the hot-tub and just relaxed for a day away from home.

The night was quiet, and a security patrol checks the lots and halls to ensure everything is safe. There weren't any rowdy parties, unruly quests or any of the problems you'd expect on weekends in some hotels. Needless to say we rested well in a quiet, and safe place.

Sunday morning was a nice treat, the desk cleak Courtney turned the t.v. in the lobby dining are to Sponge Bob, just for my little guy, while he and my wife had the continental breakfast. We stayed in a little later at no additional expense, and enjoyed the pools and hot-tub one more time before hitting the road.

A great friendly, and clean place to stay for a weekend away from home.

• Liked — Modest size, easy to find, pool, spa, fitness center, and staff
  • Disliked — heat was not on in the room when we arrived.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Super 8 Beloit
4.0 of 5 stars 59 reviews
No photo provided
Baymont Inn & Suites Beloit
BEST WESTERN Legacy Inn & Suites Beloit-South Beloit

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!