“Birthday surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belleville
Cameo Rose Victorian Country Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Belleville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband surprised me with a stay for my birthday. It was the best! Wished it had been for more than one night. Everything was beyond what I could have dreamed up myself. Great hosts and the breakfast was exceptional. Enjoyed the walking trails and the beautiful grounds. We can't wait to visit this amazing inn again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Cameo Rose Victorian Country Inn B&B

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Cameo Rose three times in three different rooms over the course of eight years and every time has been amazing. We've stayed in the fall when the beautiful autumn colors are out and the grounds and surrounding area are beautiful. The winter is amazing and scenic, and the summer is a wonderful time to sit in the gazebo by the private pond and enjoy slowing down. Dawn and Gary are great hosts, and I could not say enough good things about their B&B. We purchased a gift certificate for family to get to experience this wonderful place.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own flavor and benefits. If you are in the mood for the hot tub they have rooms...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have now stayed 4 times at Cameo Rose and hope to stay again. The atmospere is so beautiful and restful. Dawn and Gary are the perfect hosts. They look over being sure we have what we need. Dawn is very much aware of my dietary issues and makes the most excellent breakfasts. Everything is very clean. Dawn is so helpfull when we are looking for new destinations, new resturants, what ever our needs are. We love to bike and walk and this locations is perfect for us.
Tom and Kathy

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. TV's are in the whirlpool rooms if you want this. We like the peace a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our getaways are usually unplanned and last minute. We called the Cameo Rose the morning of our stay and thankfully a room was available on the main floor. We didn't have to cart luggage far and we were close to the living room to have evening tea and read. The bed was comfortable, the shower had good water pressure (some B&Bs don't) and the breakfast was very good including the dessert.

Dawn suggested a great place for dinner and other places to visit. Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the trails and just sitting around the gardens. Loved the water falls. Got good ideas for the one we are putting in our yard.

Thank you for building, decorating, maintaining and sharing your wonderful place. Looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Loved convenience off main floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013

As we review our four nights at the Cameo Rose, we are warmed by the memory of a pleasant getaway in a lovely setting. The Inn is evocative of a Victorian retreat and the surrounding woods and path provided a cozy walk in a winter wonderland. The Inn is convenient to picturesque villages and to great hiking trails. The warmth of our hosts was charming and breakfast was a new adventure every morning. We had never before had dessert after breakfast. We are enthusiastic in our recommendation to any who might be looking for a refuge in southern Wisconsin.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Six years ago, my Fiancé and I visited Cameo Rose for the first time in the month of February. It was our Valentines Day getaway weekend. We had one of the best weekends of our lives. Dawn and Gary were the best hostess/host and their homemade breakfast each morning was not only to die for, but also made our day. Their bed and breakfast home was extremely inviting and their outdoor environment was beautiful and serene.

A few weeks ago, I decided to surprise My Honey with a last minute overnight getaway. Cameo Rose was the first place I thought of so I called to see if they had availability. Dawn had the same room available so I booked immediately. As soon as I told My Honey what I had planned, he immediately became excited. ROAD TRIP! Near the Cameo Rose (45 Minutes away) is our favorite winery; Wollersheim Winery. We decided to stop there and get our favorite Port and other wines prior to check in. On our way to CR, we got a bit lost (due to my GPS/phone service losing signal - can you say stress?). Thank goodness we had a Wisconsin map in our car. Once we arrived at Cameo, Dawn greeted us with her beautiful smile and got us settled in. We were starving and the restaurants in town were going to close in 30 min. Dawn called a restaurant called The Schoolhouse and got us a table. The food and atmosphere was absolutely wonderful as was their deserts. Our tummies were happy. Back to our room for hot tub relaxation, a good night sleep, and excitement for what our homemade breakfast was to be the next morning. The next morning, we headed to the breakfast area. Dawn had the coffee brewing as she was fully aware how much we love our coffee. She does a wonderful job at proactively planning each couple's breakfast likes and dislikes to give each person a phenomenal breakfast experience. We took our seats at the breakfast table and watched the beautiful colored birds flock to the multiple bird feeders outside the windows. We were the only couple there this weekend, however, there are usually other visitors as CR has other suites available. It is nice to visit with other couple's during breakfast as visitors come from all over the U.S. We enjoyed our breakfast and hospitality and were on our way home.

I would HIGHLY recommend Cameo Rose for a romantic and relaxing getaway. We enjoy the weekend package (2-days), but this trip, we only had one day - not long enough. We also need to get back there during the summer to see their beautiful customized garden and serene waterfall feature. If you love antiquing, this is the location/area to do it in as well. See you soon Dawn and Gary!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I cannot begin to describe how enjoyable our stay was! The house was absolutely beautiful and perfectly spotless! Dawn and Gary were so accommodating and the friendliest people! They gave us so much information about wonderful things to do and places to eat in the surrounding towns! And I cannot forget to mention the breakfasts! They were fabulous! Completely homemade and delicious! You will not leave the house hungry! Our room was simply enchanting and had the most comfortable mattress we have ever slept on! Everything about their bed and breakfast is high class! We cannot wait to go back again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belleville
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Super 8 Verona/Madison
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Been to Cameo Rose Victorian Country Inn B&B? Share your experiences!