“Asian Fusion in Beaver Dam”
Review of Sake House

Sake House
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Beaver Dam
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife picked this out to try and we were pleasantly surprised. I had the stir fried beef udon while my wife had the chicken teriyaki. We also had the gyosa and Crab Rangoon. The food was very good, the beef in my dish was a little tough while my wife's food was underseasoned. The appetizers were very good. For dessert, we had the oreo tempura, a fun dish although I don't remember seeing it on any menu the last time I was in Japan.

The restaurant was new, with nice ambiance. Like the prints on the wall. The service was very good. Pricing was comparable to similar fusion restaurants. Over all, four dots.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's wonderful to have a Japanese- thai-and Chinese dining option in BD! we eat here often for lunch specials sushi rolls and love to gather for dinner hibachi meals, the jumbo shrimp and tenderloin steak are my favorites ! try the moscato wine and it makes for the perfect meal :) The wait staff is super friendly also..

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This restaurant continues to be one of my favorites! This past week one I tried their dancing shrimp roll and was pleasantly surprised! Since my last review they have added an additional Chinese menu which my husband loves. My only complaint is sometimes the amount of time it takes to get your food and sometimes when calling in an order the phone goes unanswered after multiple tries.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

When looking at the overall experience, I can't just above a 3 star rating because, plain and simple, the service stunk. It took us over 10 minutes to get acknowledged and our drink order taken. Then when the waitress came back later to take our food order, she was missing her pad of paper and couldn't remember that many orders. So upon returning she didn't mention the specials or explain when we obviously had questions about a few items on the menu. We all decided to "choose blind" since we weren't getting advice.

The soup and salad were good and a perfect serving size considering the meal selection I had (hibachi) was very large. The hibachi was good too, however, only three of the four of us received our meals. Yes, another 10+ minutes later before the final meal came out so three of us were almost done before the last plate arrived.

Now I understand mistakes can happen, but your staff needs to find a way to accommodate this. A free drink could have been offered? Or $5 off the missed meal? Or just a simple I am really sorry but I took down the wrong order so therefore your order will be coming late? It was just terrible customer service how it was handled.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our visiting relatives had spent 30 years in Japan as Missionaries and missed the food terribly. We took them during a week night to the Sake House and ended up going back two days later. The food, according to my relatives, was exactly as they had remembered.

Been to Sake House? Share your experiences!