“Not fast food, food…fast and yummy!”

Walker's Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Beaver Dam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Time for a break from driving!
So many fast food options BUT go for a great local join!
We saw the billboards on our way to Appleton and than Madison… we were intrigued! A place that has been there almost 50 years and it local!
Lunch special was chicken dumpling soup(handmade) and a roast beef with horseradish mayo sandwich. YUMMY but I would have loved to have had some fries with the sandwich and not steal my daughters!
The pasta was beautiful! and dinner size. The tuna salad croissant was so fresh!
BUT THE DESSERTS!!!! Apple pie and vanilla ice cream is a steal! So homemade, so fresh, so good but the chocolate ECLAIRS! They can feed a small village (4+ in my village) and Fresh, fresh, cream
We will SO be back!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very friendly restaurant that has been around for decades and it continues to serve both comfort foods and more creative items. Their display case of baked goods insures that you must save room for dessert. Try their Cheesy Seafood Soup and share a Chocolate Éclair with a friend.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stopped in by chance and were glad we did! We both ordered "small" portions from the senior citizen menu which people of any age can use and both felt our portions were more than sufficient. I had a turkey dinner which came with turkey, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and cranberry sauce (along with gravy). Everything was good quality (although the mashies were a little salty). I had an excellent caramel apple pie (warmed with ice cream) and my husband had a HUGE slice of coconut cream pie. He said it was one of the two best cocount cream pies he's ever had. The pie crust was perfect.

The service was prompt and the food served quickly. My only caveat is that the bathrooms are located down a set of very steep stairs.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Good coffee and bakery. Try the pecan croisant OUTSTANDING! Have had sandwiches and experienced the fish fry on Fridays. My favorite are their breakfast specials

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great place for breakfast. Lots of choices. The staff is pleasant and well trained. It is connected to the Best Western Campus Inn which is very convenient.