“Hit or Miss”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have been to the Buckhorn a handful of times. It tends to be decent to lacking. The service has always been good. The last time we had went I noticed the "home made" in a lot of the descripitons were crossed out. Last visit our steaks were pretty tasteless. Price wise the Buckhorn is decent although I feel like you can find a better steak house in a short drive.

1  Thank Jeslynn2

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My girlfriend and I try to eat here at least once a week. We have been regulars to the Buckhorn since Joe, Bobbie, and Rosie have taken the family business back. We always get treated like family and have never had a bad meal. Joe, as head chef, can cook a steak like no tomorrow and will even grill mark your prime rib if you like. My girlfriend is more surf and I am turf but we both have tried most of the menu and could never complain about our meals. I recommend them every time I here somebody ask ""Where do you go to get a good steak around here?"

1  Thank Kirk B
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Considering all the hype about the restaurant I was disappointed overall. The service in the bar and drinks were very good and all the staff friendly. The heavy plastic table cloths are nasty and cheapen the place. It is very dark in some spots. I had the liver and onions, which were good but the friends wiht me who had the steak said it was tough and fatty.

4  Thank Ogof
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We eat here on a Sat. night. Order rib eye steaks ,which were cooked prefect. Nice and hot and tender and juicy. Just the way we like them. The old owners have come back and what an improvement. We had been there 2 years ago and weren't very pleased ,so we thought we'd give it another try. We are so glad we did. Fast friendly server, and a well cooked meal.

2  Thank mar326
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Excellent restaurant. Very nostalgic. The people were very friendly and the service was the best. The owner was doing the cooking. The fish fry was excellent. I had the deep fried breaded perch and my wife had baked perch. Definitely will go back for more.

1  Thank Donald L