“If your looking for a place for an extended stay”

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reno, United States
“If your looking for a place for an extended stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was a good hotel. We had to stay for 20 days and were treated well. Danial was a great person to go to for things to do and places to eat! He never steered us wrong. But if your looking for a good bar to hang at I wouldn't suggest this one, the bartender was rude and didn't want to keep the doors open past 11:00pm even on the weekends. Too bad, they lost a lot of money we spent across the street at Chasers!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Laurie W
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Laurie,

Thank you so much for sharing the time you recently spent with us! We enjoyed having you and your coworkers stay with us while you were in town training. We enjoy having guests stay with us for an extended period of time as it gives us an opportunity to get to know you and build a relationship. We were all so tickled to have gotten a thank you note from your group at check out!

I know that Daniel keeps an eye on our TripAdvisor status, but I will make sure to share with him your appreciation for his recommendations. He truly has a heart for our guests, and I know he finds much joy in helping fill our guests’ time with fun activities and good food while they are in the Baraboo area. It will be very encouraging for him to know that his efforts and suggestions were well received and enjoyed.

I also want to apologize for your interactions with our bartender. I regret not having known about the issue early on during your stay. I would have liked very much to have corrected this issue while you were still with us. I assure you that I will be speaking to our staff at the bar attached to the hotel about your feedback. Thank you, so much, for having brought this tension to my attention.

Again, thank you for allowing our staff the opportunity to get to know you and serve you while you were with us. We hope you’ll make it back to Baraboo again sometime to see us! In the meantime please know that I am here if you have further feedback that you’d like to share with me directly,

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Madison
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This Hotel does not have friendly people working there front desk or in the restuarant. It is a very noisy hotel. Could hear every conversation at 6:20am in the room next to us and lots of hallway noise.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Janet S
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Janet S,

I am so sorry to read that your experience and impression of our hotel did not meet mutual expectations.

Your feedback, particularly about our staff being unfriendly, is incredibly unsettling to me as it is very outside our typical guest response. I would appreciate very much if you would contact me directly to share the experience(s) that led you to this conclusion. I would like very much to discuss it with the staff you interacted with while staying with us.

It is always discouraging to hear when the behavior or noise of one hotel guest affects the comfort and enjoyment of a guest’s stay. I want to apologize for the noise issue you encountered. Please know that we always have someone staffed at the front desk, and our front desk is trained to address noise issues- at any time of the day.

Again, I would love to discuss your concerns about your stay with you. Please feel free to contact me directly by phone or email- whichever you prefer,

Gurnee, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stay in the Baraboo/Wisconsin Dells area often, and you can't beat this hotel for its competitive pricing (go on-line for the internet rate specials), great location, very clean and comfortable rooms, excellent hot (free) breakfast, and outstanding customer service. I will stay here again. Also, they have a very nice pool/pool area with a great hot tub.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Alan T,

Thank you so much for not only sharing your experience and impression at our hotel but also for sharing such good booking advice with your fellow TripAdvisors.

We do our best to keep our rates competitive but also traveler-friendly. Best Western, as a brand, offers the lowest rate guarantee to travelers by booking on our website under the Internet Only rate. There is also a 14 Day Advance purchase rate as well (for guests booking well in advance), but this rate does demand a non-refundable prepayment. I also encourage guests to check our rates available at our website because they will always be the lowest available, but I also want guest to make sure they are comfortable with the payment and cancellation options attached to those rates!

Thank you also for you compliments to our staff members. You’ve managed to compliment housekeeping (clean rooms), front desk (customer service), maintenance (nice pool and hot tub), and our breakfast attendants (good hot breakfast). I know that they will all be pleased to know that their hard work is contributing to guest satisfaction. We have been blessed with a staff that truly seeks to provide great hospitality, but it isn’t often that we receive reviews that compliment everyone at once!

We are looking forward to seeing you again. Please know that if you ever have feedback you’d like to share with me directly – I am available to you,

Fitchburg, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Some of the hotel room furniture was a little old and worn, but the room was very clean and the staff was incredibly nice, especially daniel at the front desk! We will be staying here every time we are in the area!

Andrew M,

I always appreciate reviews in which guests are thoughtful enough to share bother where we can improve and where we are getting it right. Thank you for taking the time to share your impression of our hotel in such a thoughtful way.

Yes, we do have some rooms in which the furniture is showing its age. We will be, soon, undergoing our Best Western-mandated 3 year Property Improvement Plan. This was completed (the plan) last fall and given to our property to follow. It will be a 3 year renovation project of the hotel. We plan on beginning with public areas (first year) and then moving into a 2 year period of room renovations.

I am really glad that the service and hospitality you received from our front desk seems to have made up for some of the superficial improvements needing to be made. We believe that the heart of hospitality is in the people who provide the service, and I am really encouraged that this effort was not lost on you.

Thank you, again, for sharing your experience. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Baraboo area!

chgo, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2014

this motel has the nicest people working there. they all go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. the room is comfortable and attractive. the breakfast is better than most continental breakfasts

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Robert G,

Thank you, again, for sharing yet another stay with our fellow TripAdvisors. We are always happy to have you back with us, and I am even happier to hear that we continue to please.

Our staff cherishes our guests, like yourself, that return to stay with us again. It allows us to opportunity to know your needs better and serve you better. I hope this is always the case- that you always return to experience great service because of a staff that cares for you.

I am also glad that you are finding the breakfast satisfactory. If there is ever anything that you’d like to see served for breakfast please let our front desk or breakfast room attendant know. We do keep track of guest suggestions, and we are happy to add something that we know is desired.

When we changed back to the continental we did decide to change the “menu” from day to day so that our guests could enjoy variety when visiting for more than one night. We are hoping to provide a quick breakfast, but we also want to make sure we provide options at the same time.

Thank you, Robert, again. We look forward to the next trip you make to Baraboo. See you then!

orfordville, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

i did have lots of issues with the internet which bothered me as my phone would not work with out it i tried several time to connect to it but it would not i did tell someone about it but it seemed to be just my phone it was a great hotel with friendly staff breakfast was not to bad

1 Thank Marie D
Marie D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impression and experience at our hotel. We are very grateful for the feedback, and I look forward to any more information you can provide that might make our service and product better for future guests.

I am always happy to hear when a guest leaves our hotel knowing our staff has truly cared for them. We strive to not only be friendly to our guests, but we want to provide superior service. The human side of hospitality is the most important to our brand because when you care for your guests you will inevitably provide the best experience within your means.

I am so sorry to hear that your phone had issues connecting to our wireless internet. I would be interested- if you have the time to email me- which provider you have for your phone service. I don’t think that it should affect the wireless- just your data plan- but we do only have 2 providers (US Cellular and Verizon) that consistently provide good connectivity for cellular service in our area of Wisconsin.

We generally have good guest reviews of our wireless service within the hotel, and we pay for a service that provides room specific access- in our guest books there is a number that guests can call (toll free from the in-room phone) to speak to our provider and have step by step help connecting if there are issues. Please know, for future stays, that this is always an option.

Lastly I want to thank you for sharing that you found our breakfast sufficient. If you have any suggestions as to how we can improve this amenity I would appreciate any information. We recently switched back to a continental/buffet, and while we’ve tried to make sure there are sufficient options we are always happy for more feedback.

Thank you, again. I hope you are enjoying the end of winter and the beginning of spring! We hope to see you in Baraboo again, and please know I am available should you have any further thoughts or concerns,

Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I took another trip to the WI Dells area as an "early spring break getaway" to see some friends, go to the casino, and visit some of the Dells' shops. After my past experiences at Best Western in Baraboo, I didn't have to think twice to decide to stay here again for one night! I was not disappointed! My stay was excellent again, thanks in large part to the dedicated, caring staff. I was checked in by Ciara. She was very friendly and quick and efficient with my check-in. The envelope with my room key cards had "Welcome Back" written on it, which made me feel like the hotel was happy to have me back! This time I had a room on the 1st floor that faced back. I had never stayed on the 1st floor here before, but it was kind of nice not having to use stairs or elevator every time I was coming or going. I was also in a room just steps from the lobby/front desk area. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable as always, which is another big draw to this hotel for me. The beds here are extremely comfortable. I had just gotten my luggage into the room and settled in to relax for an hour or so before meeting a friend for dinner and going to the casino in the evening when the phone in my room rang. It was Ciara calling to make sure the room was satisfactory. I thought this was a very nice gesture, and I don't recall a hotel ever going this far to ensure that everything was to my liking. She reminded me to call or stop by the front desk if I needed anything or had any problems. I was impressed with this level of customer service! I slept well here again, and everything was great! I was kind of disappointed that breakfast returned to the original continental format in the atrium because I really enjoyed the made-to-order format in Bonzo's last time. However, I enjoyed the selection of items available, and they still have a nice variety of hot and cold items. I did spend less time at breakfast again having it back to grab-and-go, so I guess that was kind of nice. I chose to use the pool area for a little bit in the morning. Daniel was working the morning shift and entered the pool area to check something. Upon seeing me, he said "Nice to see you again Mr. Ehlen". I could not believe he remembered my name! This shows how much he cares about his customers and wants them to feel welcome. He asked how my night was. The pool area is always fun to use here, and the pool and hot tub are always nice temperatures--not too hot, not too cold. The kids using the pool area when I was could have had more manners, but this is not the fault of the hotel, and I still had a nice time down there. When I checked out, Daniel said that he hoped to see me again soon and was glad I had another nice visit. It was another great stay at Best Western, and the staff truly makes it an enjoyable place to stay! I will be back the next time I'm in the area, probably next year some time. I paid about $30 more for the night this time than I did last time, but it must be a different "season" now, and I still felt that $99 before taxes was a great value!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Mark,

I don’t know how to thank you for this feedback. Of course I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your return to our property, but I was especially thankful for your kind words for Ciara. The night you stayed with us last week was actually one of her first shifts working at the front desk by herself. I am so glad to know that she made a positive impact on your stay, but I also know your words will affirm her and grow her confidence in the service industry. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for taking the time to share your experience.

I will be printing off your response to share with Ciara and Daniel, both. Daniel has been with us for a couple of years, and I know he is a blessing both to our staff and our guests. He truly has a heart for people, and that heart makes him perfect for hospitality. I am very glad that he recognized you, Ciara followed up on your room with a welcome call…all of what you shared is what we hope our staff does to communicate that we, as a hotel and staff, care for our guests. I am so unbelievably encouraged to know that this is happening, and I am more encouraged to know that our newest staff member is following suit!

In commenting on the comfort and cleanliness of your guest room and the pool area you’ve managed to compliment both housekeeping and maintenance. These two departments are most often overlooked when guests have the opportunity to complement our staff. Thank you for noting their efforts. I know they will also be encouraged to know that their work was noticed and appreciated.

Lastly- I want to thank you for your feedback on the breakfast change. I am sorry that the change was not what you were looking for, but I am glad you noted the positive aspects of the change as well as your disappointment. You actually noted the primary reason for the change- time. We served breakfast in Bonzos for a little more than a year, and we then evaluated all of the feedback we’d gotten from our guests. The majority of the feedback indicated that our guests liked the idea of cooked-to-order, but that they preferred something quicker and more convenient. Taking this into consideration we decided returning to the continental/buffet style while adding more options and rotating the hot items offered (we change what we serve daily so that guests staying more than one day can have something different each morning) would offer our guests more tailored options along with convenience. I hope you continue to see the benefit of this change.

We will look forward to seeing you again- and I look forward to more feedback from you in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly any time with questions, comments, or concerns-

Sales and Front Desk Manager
bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 76 in Wisconsin Dells
Campus Inn Motel
Campus Inn Motel
#8 of 11 in Baraboo
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#25 of 76 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!