Best Western Baraboo Inn
$106
No availability for your dates from our partners
4 Winds Motel(Baraboo)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront deskbar loungeroom was cleanhot tubfree breakfastbiscuits and gravywould stay againgreat place to stayyogurtcircus world museumattached restaurantthe breakfast areastayed one nightho chunk casinovery nice hotelwisconsin dells areafridge and microwave
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel was AMAZING for the price that we paid. The breakfast was the only thing that was average. We stayed in a queen room with the hot tub. We could not believe how big it was. Overall, It was very clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. Very satisfied and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Jennifer,

I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last week, and I hope that you didn’t run into any difficulty in your travels with the ice storm we had ( I think you’d already left our hotel before it got bad). I’m always especially glad to hear positive feedback during extreme weather months- it affirms my enjoyment of Baraboo year round!

I’m really glad to know you enjoyed the queen whirlpool room. We typically keep the rates for these rooms close to the rates for a standard room as they can only sleep two and are standard sized rooms. It is amazing how much more space a room has when you remove a bed and replace it with a small whirlpool! I am glad you found the room comfortable, and I hope you will come back and enjoy it again!

This past week was a transition week for our breakfast. We officially ended our breakfast service in Bonzos (the restaurant attached), and began our hot buffet again. We hadn’t yet gotten a couple of items for the buffet last week, so we were “making due”. I will share with you that we now have waffles, and also that our hot item menu you will be rotating. We won’t have the same menu every day, and we hope this will provide more options for guests like you who are staying more than one night.

If you have any specific suggestions for the breakfast or anything else at the hotel please contact me and let me know. I would love to hear from you,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This place needs updating badly. Hallway carpets are very stained, dirty. Bad smell in entire place. Complimentary breakfast was terrible. service extremely slow, food cold and not appetizing. Food is already made up ahead of time and sits in big pans in the kitchen.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Cari T,

I am so sorry to read that we didn’t meet mutual expectations during your stay. I am glad that there are several (imminent) changes taking place at our hotel that should address your two primary concerns.

This coming Monday our hotel is returning to an included hot breakfast buffet. We have been doing a cooked-to-order breakfast for about 15 months, just over a year, and we have decided that our guests will be better served by serving themselves. We take guest feedback very seriously, and I hope that the drastic changes we made from continental to cooked-to-order are indicative of our willingness to try new things to please our guests. I am also hoping that this return to an expanded breakfast buffet will be seen as another direct response to feedback such as yours and not as a step backwards.

The change we are making is primary to a frustration shared by guests who are accustomed to a much more expedient form of service when staying at a hotel. We do cook everything to order which is why most of our negative feedback has to do with wait times, etc. I will, of course, be sharing your specific feedback with our General Manager as she was supervising New Year’s morning.

Secondly, I want to address your concerns about the necessary updates to the hotel. I have recently been sharing via response to Trip Advisor reviews that our property just underwent a Best Western mandated Property Improvement Plan. This is a new initiative that has been put into place in an effort to still allow the individuality of our Best Western hotels, but provide a more standardized updated promise between the hotels.

We chose not to replace the carpet until we found out from our Design Inspection what all we would be replacing or updating at the property. We wanted to make sure that we made all replacements up to standard.

Our three year, complete renovation will begin this spring. I am glad to share that the 1st year, 1st phase will include all public areas – corridors (carpet), lobby, pool, etc.

If you have any further concerns or questions about upcoming changes to the hotel please feel free to call the hotel or email me directly. I would be more than happy to speak to you,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed for one night to enjoy the casino. It was close by and convenient. The staff was very friendly. We didn't take advantage of the free made-to-order breakfast, but we thought that was a great selling point. We heard rumor they are going to discontinue this, but we hope they don't!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brett R
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Brett R,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We have a lot of guests looking for a place to stay near the casino, and I appreciate that you've shared the convenience of our location. I wasn't sure after reading your review if you are aware of the shuttle, based out of the casino, but it does pick up at our hotel as well.

I so appreciate that you've shared your concern about the upcoming change in breakfast format. We are changing back to a hot breakfast buffet this coming Monday. I have been rather excited about the change, but I am sorry that this is coming as a disappointment to you.

In the fall of 2012 we changed to the cooked-to-order format. We've had some positive feedback, but we've also heard a lot of frustration in the less convenient breakfast provision. We originally made the change in response to guest feedback requesting more and more variety in our menu. The amount of feedback about wait time, etc. is leading us to change back to a more expedient included breakfast.

We are, however, going to make changes to the menu we’d provided before our change in 2012. We will provide a hot breakfast buffet on which the items are rotated day-to-day…We will have sausage and biscuits one day and eggs and bacon the next, etc. If you’d like to know more about this change please feel free to call me or our general manager directly.

I hope that you will see these changes as an effort to please our guests per their feedback over the last 15 months, and not a step backwards. We are very eager for any feedback to better improve our guest experience by meeting their requests and preferences.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We always stay the the Best Western Baraboo when coming to the Dells. The motel is very nicely decorated, inside and out. The rooms are always very clean. The complimentary breakfast is excellent giving you several choices. Most of all, though, the staff, is great from the manager, Mellissa to all the rest of the staff, especially Daniel. I've seen him any number of times, helping guests by giving suggestions on places to go or dine, and then he spends time giving them directions

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Robert G,

Thank you so much for your kind words of affirmation shared here on Trip Advisor. I especially appreciate when guests who have stayed with us on more than one occasion, and have a more rounded experience reference, take the time to share their collective impressions of our hotel and staff.

I am so glad that you’ve continued to make us your home away from home while in the Baraboo-Dells area. I want to assure you that I will be passing along your compliments to our staff, but especially Melissa and Daniel.

I want to thank you, especially, for commenting on Melissa’s hospitality. She truly has a gift, and oftentimes management is overlooked as they are sometimes behind the scenes. I will say, Melissa is rarely behind the scenes- she’s often times helping in housekeeping and serving in the restaurant, but, again, most people don’t realize she’s our general manager!

We all look forward to seeing you again in this New Year of 2014. Best wishes to you and yours,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Very conveniently located in Baraboo, Wisconsin,Great Hotel Staff and very very nice rooms and comfortable beds. Property has indoor swimming pool and a very Hot - Hot Tub in the pool area. If you like to exercise they also have a Fitness Health Club with plenty of exercise equipment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter F
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Peter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It is especially appreciated that you took the time during this busy time of year!

I’m so grateful that you went through and essentially reviewed and shared about some of the amenities that are typically most important to travelers. There are a few key things that most people are looking to know about a hotel, and I felt as though you covered them pretty well!

I hope that you’ll be back to stay with us again this winter. I love Baraboo in the winter- the bluffs are so pretty covered in snow. Best wishes to you for the New Year, and, again, thank you for sharing your stay with us and fellow Trip Advisors! Please feel free to contact me directly if you have further thoughts or questions,