Best Western Baraboo Inn
$76
$69
ClarionHotels
Ringling House Bed and Breakfast(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
$116
$55
$53
$79
  • Pool
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$170
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskbar loungeroom was cleanhot tubfree breakfastbiscuits and gravywould stay againgreat place to stayyogurtcircus world museumattached restaurantthe breakfast areastayed one nightho chunk casinovery nice hotelwisconsin dells areafridge and microwave
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Best Western is a great place to stay for the money. They offer a free breakfast that you actually order...not just a buffet style of low grade food like many other hotels offer. The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. Lastly, the staff goes out of their way to be flexible and accomodate any needs their customers have. Very happy with the two times Ive stayed there.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Richard V,

I’m always excited to read a review from a guest who has stayed with us on more than one occasion- especially when the review is as positive as yours. It affirms what our staff is doing on a regular basis.

I will pass along your kind words about the breakfast to our kitchen staff and general manager. The transition we made to the cooked-to-order breakfast has not been without a hitch, and we are always looking for feedback to help us decide in which ways we can improve the breakfast experience for our guests.

Also, I know housekeeping will be pleased to know you appreciated your clean room. Theirs is a very important, and often overlooked, job at our hotel. Thank you so very much for taking the time to mention the good work they are doing.

Lastly, thank you for affirming our staff effort for exceptional service. We have been blessed with a staff that truly strives to make the Baraboo visit a positive one. I will share your words with all departments, and I thank you, again for taking the time to share.

Please feel free to call or email me with further thoughts or suggestions,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very nice we were there to take my grand daughter to college. This hotel was close to shopping and places to eat and geton and off express ways. we were close to her college were we could go back and take things also the younger kids could take the shuttle to mall and we could take dog for walks close in area.

Henrietta S,

I am so glad to hear that your daughter will be attending college in the Baraboo area. We have two young women on staff at our hotel who are currently attending college in the area, and I know that they are really enjoying their experience. I hope your granddaughter enjoys a similar experience.

I’m glad that you found our location so convenient for your purposes. We are very close to some wonderful shopping both in our downtown district and also the outlet mall up the road. I am so glad to hear that we were able to be a positive part of a special time.

Best wishes to you and yours during this upcoming season, and I hope we see you again soon. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

hotel is clean, nicely furnished, more important, the staff is very nice especially Daniel, who goes out of his way to be helpful. We always stay at this Best Western when we come to the Dells. The complimentary breakfast is also very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Robert G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a thorough review. I’m always glad when a guests shares a review that touches on so many important aspects of a hotel stay!

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to housekeeping. Theirs is one of the most important, but oftentimes overlooked, jobs in our hotel. I know they will be very happy to hear that their hard work was appreciated during your stay.

I also want to thank you for your compliment for our friendly staff. We do have a great staff that truly cares for our guests, and yes, Daniel is exceptional. I know he will be very pleased to know he stood out in his superior customer care. He really has a heart for hospitality, and we all appreciate when this is noted.

I will also share with the kitchen staff that you enjoyed your breakfast. They are more removed from the hotel experience, and guests often times don’t think to compliment them on their breakfast. Thank you, again, for your thoughtfulness.

I am glad to know that you've stayed with us before and will be returning to us the next time you are in the Baraboo-Dells area. We have a special affinity for repeat guests as it gives us an opportunity to know you better and in turn better serve you. Thank you for being a part of our “hotel family”- see you next time!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed there 2 nights ago. Woke up to 2 inches of water overflowing from the toilet and the bathtub. Everything we had was wet... soaked with toilet water. I even had to throw my toothbrush out because it was so gross. During the night my boyfriend's finger bled on the sheets. i called this morning for a refund and they said that they tried to CHARGE US for the damages in the room and they had NO IDEA what could have possibly gone on in that room. The manager, Melissa (I think her name was) proceeded to tell me I was a liar and that we should be liable to the damages not only from the water but the blood on the sheets. I mean SERIOUSLY HOW is that our fault that we wake up to the toilet backing up! We couldn't even get ready for the day and had to leave without changing clothes because everything was WET. THis is TOTALLY wrong. This manager needs to go back to school to learn how to deal with conflict resolution.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kari S
Christine H, Manager at Best Western Baraboo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Kari,

I want to start this letter by offering further contact with you personally. I sat in on the phone call Melissa, our General Manager, made to you. I had originally returned your call and left a voicemail for you, and out of concern for the subject matter we typically find it wise to have as many people listen in on such exchanges. We would be happy to further explain to you our documentation and concern about your stay.

I have worked under Melissa at this property for 5 of the 13 years she has been at this property. I have never seen her lose her professionalism in any tough situation. She always adheres to hotel and brand policy in her guest interaction. I would like very much to speak to you personally about the language you have chosen on this venue as I respect her very much as an employee and co-manager, and it pains me that your impression is so very different from what I and many others know of her.

The charges you mentioned (which were not made) would not have been for the water damage in the room. The charges would have been for the documented blood. This led to several towels, a shower curtain, and bed sheeting having to be discarded. The registration slip that you and all guests sign at check in states very clearly that guests will be financially liable for damage to the furniture, linens, etc. We do keep a fully stocked first aid kit at our front desk, and had we been informed of any injury we would have very gladly helped contain the issue.

I know there was some confusion on our end about where the water in the room was coming from as there were discrepancies in our documentation from the front desk, Melissa’s conversation with you, and now what we are reading on TripAdvisor. We are still not entirely sure what happened, and we would, again, be happy to come to a more concrete conclusion. Our confusion lies in the fact that a backup, as you had thought, of some sort would have affected the two rooms sharing your water line, and we didn’t encounter this issue in any other room.

I would ask that any fellow TripAdvisors concerned about your review and our management and hotel staff please contact me or Melissa personally. We have several forms of documentation on file at the property (including time-stamped photos) concerning this issue, and I would be glad to set anyone’s mind at ease by sharing more of the story behind this review.

Please feel free to contact me personally at 608.356.1100 or bestwesternsales@baraboo.com. Melissa may be reached at bestwestern@baraboo.com.

Christine

Reviewed November 15, 2013

staff was friendly, beds super comfortable, and rooms very nice, wouldn't recommend the restaurant, was nice getting a free breakfast but the staff in the restaurant didn't come back to table after serving us, example for refills,

1  Thank Becky V

Becky V,

I appreciate any guest feedback on TripAdvisor, but I particularly appreciate reviews like yours- your input affirmed what we are doing well but also gave us direction as to where we can improve. Thank you for your thoughtfulness in reviewing your stay with us.

I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our staff. Most of our front desk keeps us with our TripAdvisor page, but I will pass along compliments to housekeeping and maintenance as well. We are blessed with a staff that has a collective heart for hospitality, and having guests that share kind, encouraging words is invaluable.

I also want to apologize for the poor service experience in Bonzos for breakfast. I had similar feedback last week, and our General Manager spoke to the waitress in question. I am assuming this was the same server, and I am hoping we’ve addressed the issue adequately. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as guest feedback is one of the only ways for us to know about this sort of issue.

Thank you, again, and I hope to see you again soon. As always- feel free to contact me directly should you have further questions, comments, or concerns,