“Family Reunion”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Covington, Georgia
“Family Reunion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family left the Best Western at Baraboo very impressed! Ms. Hutchens and her staff made us feel so welcomed! We were given the atrium to meet as a family(reunion) to dine, to fellowship, and love on one another in private every morning during our stay. It was special for us to do this w/o disturbing other guests during breakfast. Good full hot breakfast!! Rooms are clean! Staff professional!! Plenty clean towels! If you need a place to stay in the Dells....your place is Best Western at Baraboo! Baraboo is less than 10 minutes from Wisconsin Dells. In my "arnold schwarzenegger voice".....we will be back!!! All of us!! Just to let y'all know I've never known a busines to send you flowers and they are beatuiful flowers!!!

1 Thank schoolingmom
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Schooling Mom,

Your family was such a joy to have with us this summer! I will keep this response brief as I know I’ve already communicated with you since you left the hotel, but I just wanted to say thank you, again.

I am so glad to hear that the little things we did to be helpful were appreciated, and I all of your positive feedback has really helped me nail down some of our large group practices. Setting aside a separate breakfast/area for gathering, putting everyone’s rooms near each other, etc- thank you for the affirmation! It does take a little more organizing, but my goal is always to provide the most positive experience for our guests and now I know these things are a good way to do that!

I don’t send flowers to every group contact, but your family was such a gracious, encouraging group that I felt I needed to say an extra little thank you. I am glad you enjoyed the bouquet  We look forward to having you back again! Best wishes from all of us,

608.356.1100- bestwesternsales@baraboo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Skokie, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've stayed at at many hotels in the Dells area ~ with kids and without. Hands down, this is the best hotel for price in the area. Clean, quiet rooms. Extremely comfortable bed, microwave, fridge. Breakfast in the restaurant included. Just a wonderful experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Marie C
Marie C,

I am so glad to hear that our hotel was able to be a positive contributor to you time in our area! Most everyone on staff here is from the area or has lived here for quite a while, and we all strive to provide a good “home base” for guests visiting our home.

I want to assure you that I am passing along all of your kind words to the appropriate departments as I like to make our TripAdvisor feedback as useful as possible- and affirming good practices is often times just as useful as discouraging bad ones.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We all look forward to having you back in our area again. Summer is winding down, but the beautiful fall colors will be covering the Baraboo hills soon- worth another trip!

608.356.1100 or bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Brighton, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

All I can say is: STAY ACROSS THE STREET AT THE CLARION. I wish I were there tonight, but they were sold out. This place is so dated, the internet connection is slow as molasses, the bed looks horrible, lots of screaming kids in the pool area. Just not my idea of a good time.

Room Tip: Go across the highway to the Clarion.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Kompi56,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. I was, of course, disappointed to read your review, but very grateful for the opportunity to address some of your concerns.

We have an internet provider that specializes in hotel provision. This issue was particularly discouraging as we typically have very good reviews about our wireless internet because we have such specialized support. We have the capability of calling them and having their support team specifically address internet connection issues on a room by room basis. Please know, if we are able to serve you again, that this service can be provided by our front desk staff or by calling the number for internet support in our guest books.

I agree that there are updates needing to be made at our hotel, and I would welcome any specific suggestions you might be able to share with us. We are due for our Best Western mandated Property Improvement Plan, and we will be discussing guest feedback with the team coming to access the property. I will provide my contact information at the end of this note if you’d be so kind as to share some recommendations with me.

Our hotel did change our bedding packages to the triple white sheeting being used in many hotels to help assure guests that bedding is clean. We have also been featuring Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop mattresses for several years because of the positive feedback we’ve received about these mattresses. I was hoping you might be able to include what about the bed you didn’t care for. I wasn’t sure, reading your response, if it wasn’t made properly, if the bedding wasn’t of your taste, or if there was some other issue. I would greatly appreciate more information so that we might address any issues more specifically.

We do welcome guests of all ages to our hotel. The Baraboo-Dells area is home to many family-oriented attractions. We do require any youth groups sign a “Silence is Golden” agreement in an effort to curb “young noise”, but this time of year we have many children visiting with their families and we do our best to balance respecting parenting choices with guest comfort. Please know that our front desk staff will always address noise issues as noticed or as they are made aware.

Lastly, I know I have asked that you contact me to provide some further suggestions and information so that we might better address your concerns, but I’d also like to speak with you about the Best Western brand. I have a special affinity for the brand as an employee, and I noticed that the only 3 poor reviews you have shared with TripAdvisor were reviews of Best Western properties. Best Western did roll out a descriptor program in an effort to communicate to guests what sort of amenities to expect from different Best Westerns. We do take pride in providing hotels that aren’t cookie cutter replicas while striving to provide a consistent level of care, cleanliness, and convenience. If you’d like to talk to me about brand concerns please know I am available, and Best Western corporate is also always willing to take suggestions for the brand as a whole.

Luck, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a decent hotel if you're looking to avoid the expensive hotels near the Dells and avoid the Dells completely during peak summer season. Rooms are a little out-dated, but function without being a complete poor hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Joshua P
Joshua P,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share a snapshot of our hotel. I always appreciate when guests make an effort to share an overview that includes things we’ve gotten right and things we need to improve upon. These reviews are especially helpful as they provide affirmation and motivation at the same time!

We do try to keep our rates as low as possible while keeping in mind the demand for rooms in the Baraboo-Dells area. There are so many wonderful things to do in the area, and Baraboo definitely provides a slightly quieter, more budget friendly place to come rest after a day of fun in the Dells.

I also want to apologize and acknowledge that there are updates needing to be made at the hotel. This year we were able to get flat screens in all of the rooms, and we hope to finish getting microwaves in the rooms still needing them. Of course my personal dream is new carpeting in the hotel! The Best Western brand does require that all properties go through a Property Improvement Plan, and our hotel is due for ours this year. This will be a wonderful way to help us prioritize the updates needing to be made while complying with Best Western brand standards. I hope to keep you and all of our TripAdvisors updated about our updates!

Thank you, again, and please feel free to contact me with the updates you’d like to see made!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very nice hotel with a great staff. We normally stay when we visit the Wisconsin Dells area. The only complaint I have is I wish they would go back to the continental breakfast they used to serve it was much better.

Dear TripAdvisor Contributor,

I want to thank you for sharing your impressions of the hotel. I want to thank you especially for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We do have a wonderful staff full of people who share a love for our area, and we all hope to provide a clean, comfortable place for anyone traveling to the Baraboo-Dells area.

Last fall we switched our breakfast into the restaurant in an effort to address some space issues. The variety and kinds of food required by Best Western brand standards was requiring space and kitchen requirements that we really didn't have space for in the room we had built for breakfast. The switch was drastic and it was entirely made in an effort to provide a better guest experience. Unfortunately this switch has created some issues that we hadn't completely anticipated.

I hope that the fact that we were willing to make such a drastic change is an indication of our willingness to take on change for the benefit of our guests. We are currently looking at yet another change in our breakfast format in an effort to provide a more expedient breakfast experience (and also tasty).

Thank you so much for sharing this preference. We rely heavily on guest feedback in order to know what changes (drastic or subtle) we need to be making! Please feel free to contact me if you’d like to share more detail or suggestion-

Baraboo, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

One of our rooms was infested with bugs! When we pulled the covers back, there were also bugs in the bed! Absolutely gross. We cut our stay at the hotel short because of the absolute lack of cleanliness in the room. Front desk staff sort of shrugged it off.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christine H, Manager at BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Robert M,

I was very sorry to read your review of your recent stay with us. I want you to know that I have followed up as thoroughly as possible as we keep detailed notes for our front desk and maintenance departments.

I would like to ask you to contact me directly to discuss the issues you experienced during your stay as our notes and various departments have some records that vary slightly.

I want to assure you, first, that our hotel does hold a contract with a company (I can share with you the details) to aid in any pest control. We haven’t typically had bugs issues at the hotel, but we do continue to treat in a preventative way.

I have spoken with the front desk clerk who was able to move you to another room upon report of the issues in your room. She asked that I convey her apologies. She also wanted to thank you for being so kind to her at the time of the inconvenience of the room move.

She did confirm that she inspected your room, and we also had our head of maintenance inspect the room the next morning.

Again, I’d like to ask that you contact me directly as I know we’d had two rooms under your name and I think we may have had some confusion in our records as to who we spoke to. Sometimes it is difficult to know we are following up with the correct guest when we have two rooms under the same name!

Thank you, again, for giving us the opportunity to address the issue by reporting it at the time of the incident, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future,

Big Bend, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

The quality of this hotel has declined. The hall carpet was filthy, so was the elevator. We could not get fresh towels. The pool was also out of towels. The breakfast at their bar/restaurant was awful. We won't be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Jeanne,

I spoke to our General Manager, and she did share with me that she had emailed you through our internet based survey service, Medallia. I will keep my response here brief as I know we have been in contact with you since your stay, but I do want to let you (and other TripAdvisor guests) know about some of the steps we’ve taken since your stay.

While we had already ordered more towels as we were getting very low on extras. We had enough for the rooms, but we has just enough to have clean towels in the rooms and not enough for extras to be handed out during the day while cleaning the ones we’d removed from rooms. We have purchased towels while waiting on our order just to keep on hand for extras. Our goal is to make sure we have some on hand during the day during our switchover.

We have also received our order for extra pool towels. Unfortunately, despite signage asking guests to leave pool towels in the pool area, they do get taken back to guest rooms. This keeps our front desk staff from being able to wash and fold towels and replace them in the pool area during the evening hours. However, we have gotten additional towels, and I don’t anticipate the shortage through the end of the busy summer season.

We are still working on the breakfast provision. We made drastic changes in an effort to address the complaints we’d had about our continental breakfast and lack of seating. We haven’t yet gotten all of the issues worked out, and we are looking at changing the breakfast again in an effort to improve. I hope you, and our other guests, will note the drastic change we have made and know this is evidence of our willingness to listen and try different things.

Lastly, I have addressed the carpet issue several times on TripAdvisors and individually with our guests. The carpet is old and needs to be replaced. This I know and agree with. We have always had our carpets shampooed regularly (actually, they were again just this week), but they have reached a point where staining and age cannot be removed with soap and water. This is at the top of my personal list of priorities, but with monies being allocated for brand-mandated updates (bedding, flat screen televisions, etc.) it has been pushed back. We are having a Property Improvement Plan team visit us this fall from Best Western, and I know this improvement will finally be pushed up to mandate.

We were very happy to have you, and I hope that between my reponse here and the communications you’ve had with our General Manager we will have you back with us again.

Thank you, again, for sharing your concerns. Please feel free to contact either Melissa Lentz (General Manager) or myself to discuss any of these concerns further!

bestwesternsales@baraboo.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#16 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac

Been to BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!