“Ok for the money, but needs updating.”

Best Western Baraboo Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Lake Hallie, WI
“Ok for the money, but needs updating.”
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I agree with other reviewers, the staff is VERY friendly and accomodating. Very, very nice people. We just had a regular, king-sized room, and it was ok for the price. We didn't feel that the bed was very comfortable though... quite firm. Bathroom was small, and with the paint choices, I felt like I was in 1960. Pool & Hottub were very nice.. and relaxing. Free breakfast was great, I was overly suprised at the variety of items offered, even make your own waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, pastries, muffins, eggs, etc. Hotel was quiet, was not disturbed by noisy kids, parties, or anything else, which was very nice. At a majority of hotels, you find this 90% of the time, which really sucks.

Room Tip: Use the internet online Rate!!! :)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leah D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I travel from NC to the Baraboo Area 8-12 times per year and have stayed at most of the local hotels. For the past 2-3 years I have stayed at this hotel and never had a problem or complaint.
I suffer with a bad back and find the beds comfortable. The whirlpool/spa is hotter than most I've been in and helps my back relax after some long days.
My number one compliment to this hotel is it's staff. Always friendly, and helpful. They are truly the reason I stay at this hotal.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DanMcs
Milwaukee
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We just spent one night here but were very impressed with the VERY friendly and helpful staff and hotel facilities. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The pool was perfect for swimming laps and the exercise area looked well equipped but we did not use any of that equipment ourselves.
As Best Western rewards members we were given a complimentary upgrade and a nice little bag of treats when we arrived!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gmadiane
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 2, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times. It is close to Wisconsin Dells and Ho Chunk casino. Also, they are very close to snow skiing, golf courses and Devils Head State Park. We visit this area several times a year and have never had a complaint about anything. They have a wonderful restaurant/bar called Bonzos. Great selection of items on the menu and the food is great. On weekends they have karaoke which brings a combination of hotel guests and others to Bonzos.

I would highly recommend this to anyone planning a get away any time of year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I'm a C.E.O of an electronic company and I travel nationally and internationally, with that said I stay in hotels 80% of the year. I stayed for two nights in Baraboo and this hotel is one of the best places I have ever stayed. Great small town people, excellent service, Bonzos bar staff are very chipper and food was excellent, and the beds are very comfortable.

I stay in expensive and cheap hotels all the time. The service I received and a nice clean room to come to after my meeting was just great. I plan on sending all my employees to this hotel next time we come down for our trade shows. This is a great hotel for leisure and business travelers!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jay60859
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed January 14, 2011

Arrived at this hotel at around 1.30am expecting that the room is ready after a very tiring trip. Room was freezing cold. Heater is not working obviously maintenance & housekeeping is not doing their job and so is the GM. Hair on the sheets. A piece of pretzel on the carpet just between the bed and the desk. Hair in the Bathroom. Cobweb in the lamp. It is not something I expect to arrive. Now as I write this review at 3.42am my family is still freezing in the room. I wish I didn't choose this and used the previous reviews stated here. I am very very very disappointed. You should inspect rooms and make sure it is well maintained.FD tried to help seems to be not trained well in assisting guest's if such problem happens. Very unhappy!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rdz18
Carol Stream
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The room we stayed in the TV was not working. Also, the bedside light was broken. I am not a person who can climb into bed and is asleep in five minutes. I need time to wind down, so I usually turn the TV on and watch TV for however long it takes me to fall asleep - could be 15 minutes, could be 2 hours. Last night took about an hour. It was a very pleasant night laying in bed wide awake with nothing to do but stare at the ceiling for an hour.

And for this major inconience we got a whopping $10 off of our bill.

We have stayed in this hotel many times over the years. It started out to be a pretty nice hotel, but over the years it has just gone downhill. It is obviously not maintained very well. Every time we stay it's a little worse than the previous time. When things get brake they need to be fixed, and when things get worn out to the point of being shabby, they need to be replaced. Not so with this hotel. It is getting old, broken and not maintained.

This was the last straw. There are plenty of other hotels in the Wisconsin Dells area that have working lights and tv's.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DebCS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#4 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
#17 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells
Campus Inn Motel
Campus Inn Motel
#7 of 10 in Baraboo

Been to Best Western Baraboo Inn? Share your experiences!