“A REALLY GOOD STAY!!!”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Chicago
“A REALLY GOOD STAY!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This place was well maintained. we had a very nice stay at Spinning Wheel Motel - The service was excellent. Rooms were ready and clean with new sheets. I would recommend my friends and family to stay their for the next trip.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank DharaRokadia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Crest Hill, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had a great experience here. Room was very nice and clean. Beds was comfortable and bathroom stocked.Check-in was welcome. The hotel and personnel were excellent.
The location was very good.Convenience of parking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 12Parker1234
milwaukee
Reviewed January 1, 2012

It is hard to write a review of hotel sometimes because everyone's expectation is different. I would say choice for motel / hotel is really up to needs of travel. However, regardless of needs, I would say the one common important thing is cleanliness.

I did not expect much from this place when I made the reservation but if I (male) feel like not taking a shower, it is pretty bad. Well, see my pictures too. This is probably the second worst place I have ever placed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank dai0226us
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I was in the Dells area for study purpose. I stayed first at the Dell Creek Motel in Lake Delton until the summer season when tourists began to influx back. Most of the local motels and hotels will not accommodate monthly rental during the summer season. Accidentally, I found one in Baraboo, the Spinning Wheel Motel. At first impression from the management, who were a couple from India, I began to think it’s a pleasant area to stay during my studies. Because of the excitement that I finally found a place that would allow me to stay on a long-term rental, unfortunately, I did not initially take a look at the rooms before paying. This was the enormous mistake that I undertook. When they first gave me room number 16, it was by far the most disgusting, filthy, and sickening motel I have ever been too. The entire room, from carpets to the entire bed (including all bed sheets) to window curtains to the entire bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. Even the chairs and television set (which had a broken screen) smelled like cigarette smoke. I immediately went and bought 3 spray cans of glade air-fresheners and used the entire 3 cans in the room. That helped for about 30 minutes. I then requested new linens and comforter to be replaced. They then switched me to the “best” room available, room 21. Coming from room 16, room 21 was a whole lot cleaner. It still smelled like cigarette smoke, but not as much. I decided to take the room. After inside the room for about 30 minutes, the odor started to slither under my nose. I went to the local Wal-mart and bought 3 of the strongest odor neutralizing Febreeze containers and a Holmes Air Filter. I sprayed down the entire room with the 3 Febreeze containers and turned on the air filter to maximum. It did not help at all. I got really sick with during the night and was sleepless the entire night. My nose was congested, and my eyes were puffed and swollen. I took the entire night to plan out tomorrow’s event and hopefully to find a new place to stay. I found a motel near the Madison area called Americas Best Value Inn. The next day, I checked out the place and immediately to my astonishment on how clean that place was compared to the Spinning Wheel Motel, and I reserved a room. I drove back to the Spinning Wheel Motel to check-out. When the husband of the couple found out that I was checking-out, he was furious. I thought I was going to have to use my martial arts skills to defend myself. He said he gave me the cleanest room available and where else can I get a room for only $184 per week. I told him that Americas Best Value Inn only charges me $700 per month, and it is a great deal cleaner, practically odor-free. Talk about customer service. He by far is the absolute worst manager I have ever dealt with. I initially paid $184.00 for an entire week. They refund $84.00 only even though I only stayed for one night. When I checked out, I did not care if they refund me or not. I just wanted to let them know that I was leaving. I am not sure why the husband was enraged at me. Luckily, over the years as I aged and become wiser, I have learned to suppress my anger. If this was one decade ago, I would probably get arrested because I probably would have kicked the living crap out of the husband, possibly hospitalize him. PLEASE do not stay there. You will be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank lee00042
SpinningWheel, Owner at Spinning Wheel Motel, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Hi,
First of all, I am really sorry that you have had a bad experience at our motel. I am owner of this motel and as far as I know, nothing in my motel is as bad as you described. Since last summer, The state of Wisconsin has a law that smoking is not permitted in any room in a motel. We tried to keep our motel as clean as possible. We tell our guests not to smoke inside the room but some of our customers don’t listen and they smoke inside anyways. If we find out that they do smoke inside the room, we clean it and make that room odor free.
I asked my manager and found that he gave you all you asked for. He gave you new linens and blanket He also gave you another room. Did you read our cancelation policy? He gave you a refund even though there is a no refund policy.
I will appreciate it if you change your opinion and I will happy to do anything else to make you feel better.
Cumberland
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Traveled with mother and sisters, stayed in "suite" for 4. Room was not prepared, hot and not furnished with amenities advertised. No fridge, broken lamp, not enough towels for 4 people, and the blinds were broken. Beds very nice, clean but bathroom fixtures old and disrepair. The bathrm could have been cleaner. No continental brkfst, coffee in room, though they did make a pot of coffee for us to pick up. We were told they were leaving at end of week, and new management would come in. We would stay there again, provided things perked up a bit, and they would revamp their policy of working with local police to open up to local displaced people. I see the need, but there seem to be no rules. Hope new management can pull it all together. The last ones were friendly, but very inefficient. I will recommend this to others, and we will stay there again, IF THE INFORMATION GIVEN WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE ACTUALLY ARE THE CONDITIONS MET UPON ARRIVAL.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed October 13, 2007

I ranked this a 4 within this type of motel and price range. My room was clean and spacious, with a very comfortable bed, lots of hot water and good water pressure. Room had a TV with many channels and a refrigerator and small dining table. New carpeting definitely added to the sense of cleanliness. I will admit that the window didn't latch properly but I felt safe. It was quiet and convenient. And they remembered my wake-up call. I would definitely stay there again if in the area. I was referred to it by a local person I met in town. I paid $40 in mid-September with no reservation.

• Liked — Price, convenience
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
dubuque
Reviewed June 14, 2007

very nice and clean room,cus,service very good.

Stayed May 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
#1 of 1 in Merrimac
Motel 6 Lake Delton
Motel 6 Lake Delton
#3 of 10 in Baraboo

Been to Spinning Wheel Motel? Share your experiences!