“Tired of Excuses I get from the blonde waitress.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Quindt's Towne Lounge
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Tired of Excuses I get from the blonde waitress.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've been going to Quindt's Towne Lounge for many years. When you order a salad and ask for red onions the first thing you hear from the blonde hair waitress, they go bad so we don't handle them. As a consumer I don't care charge me more. Should I bring my own. If you do any amount of cooking you know red and white have such a difference in flavor. When you get a refill I would appreciate if the waitress would not touch the top part of our glasses with her hands. The same hands that she picks up other customers discarded plates. When you see hash browns look really great on other customers plates so you order them for yourselves and yours come to you and they are white and pale? You ask why? The cook is really busy and had a rush of orders? What an excuse is that to tell the customer. Not good enough. So do I get a reduce price for my food is not as a good as the people across the room? I personally thinks she needs to slow down and think about customer service first. Then we have atmosphere, pictures looked nice when they were first hung on the wall. Another thing....when you ask for a four top table you would think you are breaking a law. I really don't care which waitress turn it is; especially when it is after lunch and you have seven tables available... you have to ask don't they want the customers to come in? Regarding the food it was o.k. prices not a great value.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BobnPenny59686

“Nice Local Place To Go”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Towne Lounge is a good place to go at any time. We all had sandwiches and drinks and all were very good. BeingI do not smoke, I can not smell any residual smoke in there since Wisconsin enacted the smoking ban.

The only real drawback is the place could really use some updating as it is really starting to show its age, both inside and outside.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Old dump. Still stinks like smoke!! The food was average at best. Just felt cheap and icky in there.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The food was really greasy. Waitress did not tell us about specials. Food was cold too. Cheap nasty atmosphere. Would not be surprised to see it in Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SaukCountyLocal
“Great fish fry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I've been here several times. It's always crowded but they manage to get you a table quickly. Atmosphere is pretty plain but the food is very good. They have nice bar if you can fit in edge-wise. Prices are good for the area.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank 0echo
Brighton
“Just like Cheers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Visited for lunch. Went with a client. Seemed like everyone knew everyone and there wasn't a stranger in the place. The bartender was very friendly. Had a soup and a sandwich. Both were tasty. The price was right.

Visited July 2012