“Great food Great value”

Jose's Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are proud to share our authentic Mexican recipes with you. Only the best ingredients are used to ensure your meal is perfection every time. We hope that when it is time for you to leave, you walk away with memories of a wonderful meal, a smile on your face, and a desire to come back again – soon! Jose Louis Parra Vera
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have eaten at Jose's many times. Jose is always there greeting people, joking and making sure everyone is happy. The chips and salsa are fresh and excellent and quickly refreshed once they are gone. My favorite dish is the shrimp cocktail which is like a gazpacho and full of delicious shrimp with avocado on the top. Don't expect this to be an appetizer because it is a full meal. Jose's is always busy but we usually don't have to wait for a table and the food is served promptly

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have 5 children - all picky eaters - and everyone loved the food and the fun. We do not live in the area, but made an impromptu 2nd trip to the Dells in December and made Jose's one if our required stops while vacationing. Absolutely love the staff and the food.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Jose's got great reviews on Trip Advisor, but even with that, this place far exceeded our expectations. From the fresh delicious salsa (with perfect amount of spice and cilantro) to the friendly service and fresh and authentic, perfectly spiced food. It was a nice "split bar" atmosphere for any type of group. We were a group of 6 with 3 kids and some food preferences. They easily and happily accommodated a "less spice" preference for my dad, as well as gluten free. Shrimp chile relenos were great, as well as the tamales, and fajitas. The steak wasn't fatty or chewy and the shrimp on all our dishes was some of the best tasting I've ever had. The staff (Norberto) and our waiter we very patient and friendly, giving us a lot of direction on our food order since the menu was extensive and we were so indecisive. My only complaint is its too much food! The quality is so good, as well as the prices. We took a lot home and actually it was just as good reheated! Ended the evening with fun Birthday Celebration for one of the kids and she is looking forward to making the wall of fame, which is also very cool! We will be back!!!!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My first experience at Jose's was picking up some take-out.

I forget what day of the week it was, but the place was packed, and all the servers were running around like mad. I asked if I could sit at the bar and have a beer while I decided what I wanted. He (Jose himself) gave me a Pacifico and a menu and told me he'd be right back. A few minutes pass, and as he's carrying some dirty plates to the kitchen, he stops to let me know it'll be just another second. Like I said, it was bedlam in there, and it took him awhile to get back to me, so he cracked open another beer, assured me that it was on him, took my order, and then rushed off to help the others. I've been in the restaurant industry, serving and bartending, for over ten years, and these little things (especially when done by the guy whose name is on the door) such as letting me know that he hasn't forgotten me, not to mention the free beer, make a huge difference. Got the food home, and the wife and I loved it.

If you're in Baraboo, and have a taste for Mexican, give this place a shot.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were visiting the area and an ad came across facebook saying this restaurant got an award for best ethnic food that was enough to send us on a journey to find it! We got there at 11:30am for lunch on a friday and there was nobody there which made my husband very nervous, I made him go in anyway and thank goodness because 5 min later this placed was packed! The server was very friendly and attentive, margaritas were great and the food arrived promptly. We adore mexican food as my husband grew up in Mexico and we are always seeking out the best, we did not find this to be over the top awesome but it was definately as good as any other of our favorites. The menu was big but not as varietied as some of our favorites, I was kind of disappointed that there was not a fish option, fish tacos are my favorite and although they were mentioned by a previous reviewer they were not on the menu, so not sure if that was just a nighty special or what. I chose shrimp diablo and my husband had steak fajitas(lunch size), looked more like dinner size to me! Its kind of off the main drag of which we usually travel to this area but if I had a desire for good mexican I would make the trip again, I certainly cant name another mexican restaurant in THIS area that would compare.