“Lunch and Dinner, yes, but ah the Breakfast”
Review of Garden Party Cafe and Catering - CLOSED

Garden Party Cafe and Catering
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I often go to downtown Baraboo on Saturday mornings to shop at the Grainery or Beckah Kate's, or just get my hair cut at Total Design. When we do we love to go to the Garden Party Cafe for breakfast. A few weeks ago, I met a colleague there to discuss some "church stuff." I recommended the Garden Party because of the great breakfasts I've enjoyed there. Well, this morning was no exception. They have morning specials posted on a white board at the door and they're always a good deal. That morning I had one egg, a piece of toast and a slice of baked ham for $1.99. Yes, one dollar and ninety-nine cents! Coffee was extra. My fiend had one pancake and sausage patties. The pancake was nearly an inch thick and covered his whole plate. My ham steak and egg were wonderful but he raved about his pancake! We've often enjoyed the Garden Party for their unusual luncheon salads and sandwiches. We even look forward to their Friday night fish fries, but you have to have breakfast at the Garden Party. The only drawback is they stop serving breakfast at 10:00 AM. So get there early and I promise you, you will not be sorry. Sit near the window and enjoy the view overlooking the square.

There are newer reviews for Garden Party Cafe and Catering

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This lovely restaurant & boutique is located directly above the "Corner Drug Store", which is not on the corner, and is accessible by elevator from the sidewalk level (a big plus for my 92 year old mom). Lunch was delicious & the service was great, the view of the Avenue made it even more fun, and the decor was delightful. Wonderful find!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very good lunchtime meal at Garden Party Cafe. Beautiful setting, charming decor, good food and service. Ceasar Dressing for the salad would have benefited from some garlic, but salad nicely made. Staff charming but failed to ask if I would like more tea - and I would have. The plus here is the view overlooking the downtown square and their "green room" of darling gift and design items. Well worth the price I paid.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Downtown Baraboo, is an interesting old area to explore, and the Garden Party Cafe is a great place to have lunch. The food is good and the prices are reasonable, but the historic space and the views over the courthouse square are the best features of this place. The cafe is located upstairs in a very old building. The space where the cafe is located used to be the Baraboo Opera house. Lots of interesting shops and business are in this building.