“Awesome climbing!”

Devils Lake Climbing Guides
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Devils Lake Climbing guides offers high-quality rock climbing instruction and leadership beginning and intermediate climbers. We offer Climbing Trips for beginners, families, and groups eager to get out on the rock and try outdoor climbing for the first time. We teach technical anchor and lead climbing courses, suitable for climbers who want to start leading their own self-guided trips. If you want to get out climbing in the Midwest, you won't find a better option than climbing with us at Devils Lake!
Sycamore, Illinois
“Awesome climbing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just got back from climbing this past weekend and it was great. Nick and Amy were both excellent. We had some issues with rain in the morning but they used that time to teach us a little bit about anchors (ropes, knots, and how to place them to climb) which was interesting. Things cleared up after a bit and we were able to get to the climbing.

Nick and Amy set up a couple of ropes for us and we got started. My wife and I have climbing experience at the gym but this was our first time outside. There was another couple that had no experience at all. Nick and Amy were able to accommodate all of us. They set us up in an area with some relatively straightforward climbs and some that you really had to think about and work for. They helped us when we needed it, and let us do our thing when we didn't.

I highly recommend Devils Lake Climbing Guides. We'll definitely give them a call again when we're ready to go back.

Visited August 2013

Naperville, Illinois, United States
“Best first climbing trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My friends and I had the best first climbing trip with Nick. Nick was very knowledgeable and efficient, not to mention funny and musical throughout the entirety of the day. Nick made our trip memorable, especially since none of us had ever climbed outside the gym before. He set up a bunch of anchors as we were still climbing, so we didn't have to wait in between climbs, which definitely sped up the process. He entertained us the whole trip with his funny jokes and took a lot of amazing pictures. I definitely will be taking the anchors course next summer. Thanks for your help, Nick!

Visited August 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Climbing is Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our family likes to do an adventure escape every July for my wife's birthday and this is one we will never forget. Nick handled everything and made it easy. We chose the "Canoe-Camp-Climb" package and made one payment to Nick and he took care of the rest. He has a great, laid-back sense about him, but very professional and very respectful of our needs while helping to push us just a little bit. We felt very safe in our climbs and he taught us quite a bit. We didn't want to leave! We'll be back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day out in Devil's Lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Awesome day. Nick is fantastic. My wife and I spent a day with Nick in Devil's Lake and we had a great time.

Why you should chose Devils Lake Climbing Guides for your rock climbing adventure:

- Nick did an excelled job selecting climbs that really challenged us. We were pushed to our limits which is what makes rock climbing such a rewarding experience.

- It's clear that Nick takes safety very seriously. He spends great diligence on setting up each climb and he is happy to entertain any questions that you have.

- The personalized climbing experience is the way to go. You are able to get in as many climbs as you would like.

- Nick is just a really nice guy. Our conversations were excellent. We've been on a number of 'professional' tours/experiences in the past and they generally are sterile with jaded guides. Not here. With Nick, it's like spending the day hanging out with a friend who happens to know a boat-load about climbing and takes an actual interest in you.

Overall, this was a 5 star experience all the way. If you are looking at the various rock climbing guide options in Devil's Lake, I am confident that you can do no better than Devils Lake Climbing Guides. Climb on.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“First outdoor Climb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Saturday was my first outdoor climb and while I am fairly adventurous, I was a little nervous climbing outside. Nick put our group at ease right away, was super knowledgeable, fun and he got us to push our limits, without over doing it.
Highly recommend.