“Rescue Course”

Adventures in Climbing
Ranked #4 of 8 Tours in Baraboo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventures In Climbing Guide Service offers personalized rock climbing excursions for all individuals regardless of age, experience level, or athletic ability. Our personable guides will ensure your experience is just the right challenge leaving you empowered, fulfilled, and wanting more!
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I just wanted to stop by and write a quick note to say how much we enjoyed our rescue course with Matt. My girlfriend and I are taking our first big trip in a few weeks and we both decided to take a self rescue course to be better prepared. I learned so many cool new things I never would of figured out. Matt is a extremely knowledgeable guy and his passion for the sport is inspiring. A+ in my book!

2  Thank Brandon B
Matt G, Owner at Adventures in Climbing, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thanks for the AWESOME feedback!!! If you need anything else feel free to call us anytime. Enjoy your trip!! - Matt

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I first would like to stress the importance of hiring a certified guide! That being said there's only two out of all the guiding companies. After talking to other experienced climbers I decided to call Adventures In Climbing.

I'm extremely ecstatic about the self rescue class that I had taken with my boyfriend with Matt from Adventures In Climbing. As experienced climbers we're planning our first multi-pitch climbing trip next month and really wanted to take a rescue class. I called up Matt and asked him many questions before I even mentioned that I was interested in going out with him. He was so nice and answered all my questions without even pushing me for guiding. He even told me to call back anytime I had any questions in the future. I highly recommend him!! I will go back to them in the future to further advance my skills!

Claire

2  Thank Claire J

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This past October my husband and I hired Matt (and his fellow guide, Jason) to accompany us on a weekend-long climbing trip to Seneca Rocks, WV, and we couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable experience! As fairly new climbers, we knew it was important to have a certified guide who put safety first, so after hiring Matt earlier this summer at Devil’s Lake, WI, we knew we’d be in good hands for a more challenging climbing trip such as this.

Within an hour of our arrival, we collectively decided to take advantage of the pleasant weather and set our sights on the summit. Despite some initial nervousness about tackling our first-ever multi-pitch climb, Matt and Jason’s ongoing patience, enthusiasm and encouragement put us at ease, which allowed us to reach the summit confidently ... all while having a blast!

Aside from guiding - and educating - us on various routes for 2 full days, Matt and Jason went above and beyond to tailor the entire weekend to accommodate our needs/interests - including hiking excursions, restaurant recommendations, etc. All in all, they were professional yet fun, incredibly knowledgeable, skilled, and of course, prioritized safety. Without a doubt, we would hire Matt and Jason again.

1  Thank Katie M
Matt G, Owner at Adventures in Climbing, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

I would like to personally thank everyone who came out with us this past year! You are the reason I started Adventures In Climbing. Nothing is better than seeing someone climb for the first time or watching people who have climbed progress to become better climbers. THANK YOU ALL!!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

As relatively new climbers, my girlfriend and I were looking for a guide to teach us to build safe, strong, and efficient anchors for top rope climbing. Matt, with Adventures in Climbing, fit the bill. In the morning, we discussed our skills and knowlede, and Matt crafted some lessons to sharpen our skills and expose us to new methods for building anchors. By the end of the day, our anchors were better and took half as long to build.

In addition to teaching us about anchors, Matt shared some climbing tips and safety tricks. As a regular in the area, he gave us great ideas for the remainder of our time at Devil's Lake State Park, and he ensured we got on a few classic routes while there.

Matt was a great guide and a genuinely nice guy. I look forward to meeting up with him again when we go back to learn trad climbing and multipitch.

Did I mention Matt is certified? Before you get on the end of a guide's rope, make sure he or she is certified, too.

2  Thank Dustin A

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Matt did an awesome job teaching me and my boyfriend an anchors clinic. He customized every aspect of the clinic to meet our needs and made sure we were comfortable with what we learned. I highly recommend hiring Matt if you are looking for a guide that is professional, certified, experienced and fun. We had an awesome time out with him and were thankful for what he taught us.

1  Thank 252Mary

Matt

Been to Adventures in Climbing? Share your experiences!