Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
$69
ClarionHotels
Best Western Baraboo Inn(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
$80
BestWestern.com
$53
Hotels.com
$60
Travelocity
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewssports barcasino floorrain showerslot machinespremier roomho chunk casinonice balconylong walkking bedonly downfallvaulted ceilingswisconsin dellsgreat roomwater parkescalatorratesroomy
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The room itself was average. There was no dresser and only 8 television stations and not even ESPN. To top it off, they charge you a Tribal tax on the room. I will say that the staff there was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank jwong29371
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are pretty easy going and generally have a good time wherever we go. So, a normal person would probably give this place a -3 stars.

Staff is neither friendly nor accommodative. The front desk scolded us when we couldn't figure out the phone in our room. Our safe didn't work and they said they'd fix it. They didn't. There's one light in the bathroom at 4 candlepower. And...we struggled to get service at Wo Zhah-Wah, a bad sports bar knockoff. To their credit, even though we were virtually ignored, the food was good there. The place closed at 10:00 PM, too! On a Friday? Wow.

No cell service (I have AT&T). WiFi is not free...maybe it is, but no instructions anywhere on how to use it. The casino is smoky, and we had to sound a foghorn every time we wanted another round of drinks AT the bar. There was a group of six of us, and there were four other customers at the bar, so they weren't understaffed for a busy evening.

Keep in mind, this place is in the middle of nowhere and the next closest hotel is about four or five miles away. You're a captive audience, and they certainly know and exploit that. Treat you like crap, and generally say no to your requests.

With all that said, we still had fun...the next closest casino is about an hour and a half away from here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Vinpach
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Check-in was brusque and not personal. My husband and I were checking in and I'd put it under my name. I'm all checked in for 2 people (him and I) and Sheridan rudely says "Is he staying here, too?" Well, obviously! So then they demanded all his info, too. Geez. Checkin not at all Vegas-like. We get to the room and it's barely lit, the phone doesn't work nor does the safe or one of our keys. We go back to desk (a looong hike) and Shana is curt about "you have to choose line 1 when using the phone." Well, where does it say that??? We gambled and placed bets. Only half-friendly person was gal at betting window. We go to bar for drinks and were ignored for 15 minutes. Later we go to the restaurant upstairs where we were again ignored for 20 minutes. Finally, service. And they close kitchen at 10 pm so anyone coming in after us was out of luck. You're losing a lot of business!!!! And you need to have a sign that says your serving hours. Room has no guest services guide - I was trying to figure out where in the place you could get breakfast. With no options, we went elsewhere. The bathroom has so little lighting it was ridiculous. Oh, and safe after being fixed, still didn't work! I asked for a little discount because of that and gal at desk was rude and said they NEVER do that. Well, we'll NEVER return.

• Stayed: May 2014
7  Thank Alumna01
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I've visited this casino many times and can now form an opinion that it has consistely been a poor experience for gaming fun, the air quality, food, and especially friendly service. From my experience, the return on your gaming dollar is poor. The most frequent phrase I hear at this casino is that the games are 'tight'. 'Comps' (i.e. like a free buffet once in a while) seem to be non existent to the average player even if you are a long time customer. That aside, the buffet where we mostly dine, seems below average when compared to other casino buffets we have visited. The one exception is their crab leg night which can be better but costs more. The bar area next to the buffet has very poor quality screens to watch sports events and badly need to be upgraded. It's also disappointing that some, not all, of the floor and customer service area personel can be abrupt and unfriendly. I will say the shuttle drivers, which I've used on occassion, seem to be very friendly and good at their jobs. This casino also has a consistent problem with poor air quality. Even though there is a (very small) non smoking area, it is a adjacent to smoking and does not have a lot of game variety. The vast majority of the casino is smoking. I and other family members and friends have consistently returned home smelling very strongly of smoke.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorraine B
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a week for a conference. There are several dining options of which I tried three. The food was good.

The wifi is free for all resort guests (staying at the hotel or not) but I did find that I had to log-in each time my phone timed out which was kind of a pain.

The rooms are average but they did have a balcony.

Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business