“A great adult get away in the Dells!”

and 1 more site!
Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Baraboo
Greensboro, North Carolina
“A great adult get away in the Dells!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ho Chunk Casino Hotel on a recent trip to Wisconsin. We were going to the dells and I didn't want to stay at a water park hotel. After reading the reviews I must say I was a little hesitant to stay here. I am so glad I decided to give it a try. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and we had no issues during check in. When we arrived at room we found it to be very clean, spacious with a nice balcony overlooking the courtyard. The lighting in the bathroom, as others have said is a little dim and I think that could be improved. There is a strong smell of smoke in the lobby area when checking in but I think that anyone has been to a Casino is not surprised by that. Our room however did not smell like anyone had smoked in it. We will go back here if we are ever in the dells again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carolinagrl57
Gail T, Front Office Manager at Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive for the best Customer Service possible. I hope you come see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I booked a room for 3 nights at this hotel after being told by their reservations people that there was no smoking allowed in the hotel and there were no smells of smoke. Because I have asthma that was critical for me. Our experience was so bad because of smoke that we left after one night to move to the Clarion hotel. The manager was extremely helpful in trying to accommadate our needs but we could not find any area that did not smell like smoke. If you go to the casino and get a 'players card' before checking in you'll get a discount on your room and meals. Do NOT go there if you have any problems with smoke. The smoke there was extreme. The next mistake was eating at the buffet restaurant where there is lots of smoke in the route needed to get there as well as in the restaurant even though it's a non-smoking area. I think it must be too close to the Casino.
When I went to check in I was given an even better rate than quoted by phone.The rooms were very nicely decorated and very attractive. We stayed in a 'Premium Room'. Unfortunately the smoke smells came in through the A/C system and prior guests smoke on their balconies which then gets smoke into your room. It's also possible that guests smoke in the rooms..But the smells of smoke in the room were mild compared to the hallways which reeked of smoke. Three days later, after only that one night in that hotel, I am still sick from the smoke, had to get on steroids and can't stop coughing. If smoke smell doesn't bother you it's a great hotel but I'd recommend a 'Premium Room' as they are nice.

Room Tip: There is no good room if you dislike the smell of smoke. Otherwise the "Premium Rooms' are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Katie33945
Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked the family suite for a wedding at another resport in the Dells area. I called the day before to see if our room would be ready an hour before check in and was told that they would do their best. Upon arrival, 40 minutes before check in, our room was not ready, they were still cleaining it. We left and returned a few hours after check in to get our room keys and the rooms were wrong. We Spent 30 minutes getting it straightened out. We went back to the wedding off site and returned at 2 am to our room from the casino. Upon looking things over, there was trash under the furniture, hair in the bathtub. I did not call housekeeping as it was 2 am. When we checked out in the morning, I told the "Manager" at the front desk after she greeted me with "what's your problem?" She was beyond unprofessional and rude. She told me that they have housekeeping 24 hours a day for that purpose. I told her that our room should have been cleaned BEFORE we arrived, not at 2am. I sent an e-mail to the management and never received a call or e-mail back. This place lacks customer service! We have stayed here before, but will never again.

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy. Very poor sound proofing. You can hear everything that goes on in the hallway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Carrie L
Wisconsin Dells, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you're looking for a decent hotel with a balcony and nice shower, this is your hotel. The rooms have been updated recently. The hotel is reasonably quiet, as I did not hear any neighbors being noisy. The rooms are clean and the coffee is good. The only downside is that the blankets on the beds seem more like sheets.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank wisdellslocal
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

When I arrived at Ho-Chunk on July 26 (for a birthday party) they could not find one of my reservations despite me having the confirmation numbers for two rooms. My stay was decent but wasn’t impression with the food.
I return home (Tennessee) and realize my card has been charged. I contact Vicki (supervisor) who informed me that I made reservations for July 25 not 26 and the charge were for a cancellation charge. I informed Vicki this isn’t so because I wasn’t in town on the 25th (not to mention birthday honoree grouped many rooms for this event on the 26th) furthermore, if that’s the case why didn’t anyone at the front desk (when I checked-in) inform me of this. Vicki stated she would inform her supervisor who would refund my card. Couple of days later, I see another charge on my card and I call Vicki again and she repeated to me what she said during our initially conversation. Ok, this is getting ridiculous now……. Vicki assured me that she would inform her supervisor and call me back. I have yet to receive a refund OR a phone call ………I will continue to call the hotel and go up the chain…..….this is absolutely absurd!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank STT1021
Sheridan, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We just went here for a weekend getaway and enjoyed it very much. The room we had was very nice and clean.You can enjoy the Dells and play at night because very close to the Dells. We ate breakfast at the hotel/casino and it was very good tasting. The casino has plenty of games and had no trouble finding favorites. The price per night could be a little more cheaper with so many other options available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ben222
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great rooms and service. Casino is just that so don't go unless you expect to win and lose. Good gaming tables. Slots very abundant and so many types you will find one you like. Very busy at night and weekends. Close to the dells so a good central site. Get a deal on rates by joining their club. Specials during the week too. Won't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Larry S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#16 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#3 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center
Wintergreen Resort & Conference ...
#21 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Ho-Chunk Casino Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!