“Love Ho-Chunk!”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #27 of 45 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Love, love, love Ho-Chunk. Two hour drive, but so worth it. Love my host, who always provide us with great hospitality. He was able to get us a comped room on a very busy Saturday night LAST MINUTE!!! He also took the liberty to comp us to the very delicious seafood buffet. PLUS, he "Express pass'd" our receipt to the buffet meaning we walked right pass what looked like at least 80 people. I made sure I left a great tip for him. He even comped us three for breakfast. Easily a $300-$400 value. But whatever, I lose way more than that every time I come, so you get the point.

Now why do I love Ho-Chunk. Well, for one, I don't have to pay to stay overnight or eat. They send me decent amounts of free play. $100 in slot play, couple free night standard room offers (which doesn't really matter because my host always upgrades me to a VIP Suite), and buffets for up to four of my guests. Two, their table game minimums are a very modest $5 - $10, $5 dice games, and all of the slots you can dream of. Three is the atmosphere. Everyone is laid back, not whining or complaining. My money stretches quite long than if I were to go to the Horseshoe in IN. Very comfortable, relaxed mood setting.

Only a couple of things I don't like was on a weeknight (normally the times I like to go), there was only ONE dice game open. Ummmm, what's up with that??!!?? And guess what? It's PACKED!!!! Yeah, go figure. And the other thing was SOME of the dealers are just...ehh...not that interesting. I had one dealer on a dead Blackjack game sorting cards, I'm walking around browsing for a Blackjack game to play. Peripheral vision says she can definitely see me hovering over her game, but not ONCE did she look up at me to take notice. Which is quite sad because I am a Table Games Dealer myself, so I was very disappointed that she did not provide the customer service I expected.

I instead went to the Double Deck table and tipped Issac for every hand I played, win or lose. He gave me great conversation and great customer service. That's what it's about!!!

My experience at Ho-Chunk is always great. I like to go at least once a month.

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"amounts"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had a really good time here this past visit. The first 2 slot machines I tried were very tight, and I just lost all of my money right away in mere minutes. After that, though, I must have been hitting the looser machines! The machines I played later were letting me play for long periods of time, and I even left a little bit ahead for once! I did not win anything significant, but I kept accumulating smaller wins, and before you knew it, $20 turned into a little over $100. This happened twice, too! It feels nice to leave here ahead and it's a much better feeling than complete defeat! I found a really cool machine called "Haywire" which was fun to play. Certain winning plays make the machine go "Haywire" and you get that same payout again, up to 10 times. At first I thought my machine was screwed up and that I would need to get the attendant, but it is part of how this game works. This machine was "hot" and seemed to let me play a long time. I had a great time at Ho-Chunk Gaming WI Dells again and the atmosphere is so fun! It is nice having a little Vegas right here in Wisconsin! I already can't wait to return this summer!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I love that this casino has a wide variety of gaming. I still enjoy an 'old school' machine and I like to try new ones as well. I feel my money can last a little bit here and I enjoy playing for hours. I do not recommend the breakfast buffet though...yuk! Just get a muffin from one of the other establishments. They have a kidsquest so the kids can play while you play.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

They'll give you a decent payout once every 2 yrs if you gamble 200 dollars or under. It takes alot of money for a good payout. I'm going to go today and use the free rewards. If they don't cater a little more to the average spenders, this won't be my fun place anymore. Will update this afternoon

2  Thank bopp90