“Very stingy with payouts”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #11 of 41 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very stingy with payouts”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

They'll give you a decent payout once every 2 yrs if you gamble 200 dollars or under. It takes alot of money for a good payout. I'm going to go today and use the free rewards. If they don't cater a little more to the average spenders, this won't be my fun place anymore. Will update this afternoon

Visited December 2013
2 Thank bopp90

Oskaloosa, Iowa
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Cheap buffet and food specials”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My hubby and I ate here twice during a 3-day trip. The buffet wasn't ok, but it was inexpensive and service and good. They also had nightly specials at other restaurants on site that we enjoyed as well.

Gambling was ok, we won enough to eat for free!

Visited July 2013
Wisconsin
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“SET YOUR BUDGET!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This casino is the closest to our home, and that's about an hour away. We travel here several times a year for a little gaming fun, as well as a Buffet Dinner upstairs. They have a beautiful lobby area with a water fall, eagle "flying" overhead, and a black bear by the water--very pretty and the kids always love it! There are escalators to the upstairs where the restaurants are located. There are several--a diner, a fine dining, a sports bar, and the massive buffet. We have only eaten at the buffet, and always enjoy it. The food has changed thru the years, and it is not as posh or endless as when it first opened, but still very good variety and quality. We would actually consider staying here overnite, but there is no pool in the hotel complex attached to the casino! My husband likes to swim, and is not much of a gambler; a pool would entertain him and by staying there I'd gamble more….as long as I stuck to my budget!!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank mytrek
Burlington, Wisconsin
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I visit the Ho Chunk Casino in WI Dells about 3 times per year. I always enjoy the fun atmosphere here, and it is entertaining for me to play their slot machines. I never go in here with the mind-set that I will walk out a millionaire, and I just go to have fun. That said, I really enjoy the casino's wide variety of slot machines in various increments--penny, nickel, quarter, dollar, high stakes bets, and more. Some of the machines I find to be very tight, but others have allowed me to play for quite a while. The workers here always seem friendly and helpful. I always come here solely for the casino, and never really stay or eat here. I am always able to play for a few hours before calling it quits. I have yet to win a huge jackpot here, but I have won some nice amounts of cash a few different times. I would say I have come close to breaking even when I consider all the times I have been here and what I won/lost. This is my favorite casino that I have visited in WI so far because of the variety of games to play and fun atmosphere. The only thing I don't like is that some parts of the casino are very smoky. I tend to stay in the non-smoking parts as much as possible. Overall, I love this casino and it is always a good time!

Visited November 2013
Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“DON'T GO THERE EVER”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

What a waste of money. No one wins. I would like to know the percentage of pay offs. Just throw your money out the window on the way, turn around and go home. Or save your money and don't even think about heading that way. Rude staff, can't get in room until 4p and out by 11a. We have been there a few times but the last time was the last time.

Visited October 2013