“SET YOUR BUDGET!”

Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #13 of 46 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular gambling center features more than 1,700 slot machines, 48 blackjack tables and high-stakes bingo.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This casino is the closest to our home, and that's about an hour away. We travel here several times a year for a little gaming fun, as well as a Buffet Dinner upstairs. They have a beautiful lobby area with a water fall, eagle "flying" overhead, and a black bear by the water--very pretty and the kids always love it! There are escalators to the upstairs where the restaurants are located. There are several--a diner, a fine dining, a sports bar, and the massive buffet. We have only eaten at the buffet, and always enjoy it. The food has changed thru the years, and it is not as posh or endless as when it first opened, but still very good variety and quality. We would actually consider staying here overnite, but there is no pool in the hotel complex attached to the casino! My husband likes to swim, and is not much of a gambler; a pool would entertain him and by staying there I'd gamble more….as long as I stuck to my budget!!

3  Thank mytrek

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I visit the Ho Chunk Casino in WI Dells about 3 times per year. I always enjoy the fun atmosphere here, and it is entertaining for me to play their slot machines. I never go in here with the mind-set that I will walk out a millionaire, and I just go to have fun. That said, I really enjoy the casino's wide variety of slot machines in various increments--penny, nickel, quarter, dollar, high stakes bets, and more. Some of the machines I find to be very tight, but others have allowed me to play for quite a while. The workers here always seem friendly and helpful. I always come here solely for the casino, and never really stay or eat here. I am always able to play for a few hours before calling it quits. I have yet to win a huge jackpot here, but I have won some nice amounts of cash a few different times. I would say I have come close to breaking even when I consider all the times I have been here and what I won/lost. This is my favorite casino that I have visited in WI so far because of the variety of games to play and fun atmosphere. The only thing I don't like is that some parts of the casino are very smoky. I tend to stay in the non-smoking parts as much as possible. Overall, I love this casino and it is always a good time!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

What a waste of money. No one wins. I would like to know the percentage of pay offs. Just throw your money out the window on the way, turn around and go home. Or save your money and don't even think about heading that way. Rude staff, can't get in room until 4p and out by 11a. We have been there a few times but the last time was the last time.

8  Thank Richard M
Reviewed October 15, 2013

OK if I had to pay full price for the buffet maybe I would say it was expensive, but we were lucky and a person in front of us offered us their discount tickets. Best buffet in long time at a casino, prime rib rare and tasty, plenty of crab even at closing time.
As far as the casino goes it was hit or miss or us. We ended up there two times and some lost and some one, that is gambling. The beers were OK priced, plenty of clean bathrooms, smoke a little heavy for me. We visited 4 ho chunk casinos on this trip and none had the best ventilation. We have been to several other states where smoking is allowed and did not smell as bad as whn we left each of these.
I would go back if in the dells, will not make another girls casino weekend in this area.

2  Thank Lovetotravel9997
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I look at going to a casino as entertainment equivalent to a movie, etc. so, I expect $20 to last about an 30-40 minutes on the penny slots to get a fair amount of entertainment for my dollar. I went through $20 in 10 minutes here... Really no give and take.... Just take. My second time here, and probably my last. Not entertaining either time.
I went back down to the casino floor later in the night and had the same result.

3  Thank Eyefly12