“AMAZING FOOD AND CHEAP!!!”
Review of Los Nopales - CLOSED

Los Nopales
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I normally wasn't one for Mexican food, yet my husband loves it and I did want to try something different. So we pulled into this gem of a restaurant. IT WAS AMAZING!!! You get a big pile of nachos with salsa and their home made ranch salsa! The place was very thematic looking inside. The service was excellent (very friendly staff). The food was very cheap and very very VERY good tasting! I ordered a Tamale and it came with rice and refried beans. I have to say, this place changed my mind on Mexican food forever! We stop here now every time we go to Wisconsin Dells/Baraboo area. The saddest part is, it's never very busy inside.

1  Thank Pinkus P
There are newer reviews for Los Nopales

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We live in the Dells, and are so disappointed with the selection of Mexican food in the area. We finally started broadening our search, and tried Cinco de Mayo Mexican restaurant in Mauston. Never went back. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we then tried Jose’s Authentic Mexican Restaurant on the east side of Baraboo. We tried it 4 times, hoping to love it. Jose was so nice, but his food was not what we liked; it tasted dry and bland. And so crowded. We just didn’t get the appeal. Finally we tried Los Nopales. Oh my goodness. Sorry, but hands-down, Los Nopales is the winner in taste and flavor. My favorite dishes so far include the Taquitos Mexicanos (crispy, deep fried rolled corn tortillas, stuffed with tender, marinated beef or chicken), The Especial El Toro Fajitas, (huge serving of steak, chicken, shrimp and chorizo with onions, bell peppers, etc., and only $12!), The Burrito Norteno (gigantic flour tortilla filled with tender special-recipe shredded pork, with lettuce, sour cream and guacamole on the side), the chimichangas with cheese sauce on the top (which come with really good rice and beans, in addition to guacamole, lettuce and sour cream), and my absolute favorite, the Burrito Jalisco (gigantic flour tortilla again, but this time filled with 6 shrimp, grilled chicken and steak, rice and beans, and covered with tomato sauce and a cheese sauce that is crazy good). Of course they start you out with excellent chips and salsas, and are so quick to refill everything, including our sodas. I really think I could eat there every day, if my waistline would let me. Plan on to-go boxes for many items, though we like the flavors so much we usually just overstuff ourselves. I almost don’t want to write this review, because I don’t want the place to become too crowded and we go there weekly now, but they really do deserve the credit for creating excellent flavors at an excellent price!

2  Thank Heather H
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Delicious, plentiful food, attentive wait staff, and a quiet short drive from the hubbub of the Dells makes this a great place to go when you are tired of the burgers and fries that every restaurant in the Dells seems to serve. Dinner for a family of 4 was about 50 bucks, not too bad and we had another whole meal left to take home. My tummy did the happy dance!

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Been here plenty of times. I get the simplest of dishes that consists of the beans and rice. Its the best! Friendly staff. Great service. Always a good time here.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Los Nopales has become our hometown favorite "go to" restaurant offering a diverse menu of mexican dishes. We have been very satisfied with the friendly service, well prepared and lightly spiced meat and seafood items served very rapidly and hot, with generous portions. The best (and most effective) blended strawberry margaritas I have experienced anywhere including Mexico. The pleasant effects of the drinks are enhanced by the very reasonable cost which for chips and salsa, two entrees, and drinks rarely exceeds $26. 2 for 1 margarita specials are frequently offered .