“Dog "tolerant" not dog friendly”

Motel 6 Lake Delton
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
Reviewed September 18, 2012

After a 15 hour drive , we needed to find a dog friendly hotel . This was one of the only hotels in the Dells under $100 that stated it was "Dog Friendly". We arrived at 9pm, and the manager was anything but "Dog Friendly". She was very rude about the fact we wanted to check in with our two dogs (Old and quiet Chihuahua and Doxie). She went down a list of things that we could (and would be) bkicked out for with having dogs, including and to quote "Even if your dog barks once, you are out of here". She also told us to take a back stairway so no one would see our dogs.

I asked for a non-smoking room, and when we got to the room, it smelled like an ashtry. It was also damp and smelled like b.o. We left at 4am and got the heck out of there. I'm sure that these were just the actions of the one individual who hated her job and really didn't like dogs, however, if you stop there with your dogs and she is working, my guess is you will get the same horrible treatment. Drive a couple more exits and somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lunamoon1031

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here in July 2012 for just one night in room 324 and the room was very clean. In fact, it looked like the room had recently been remodeled. We did not use the pool or any other amenities. Check-in and check-out were quick.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ChicagoAlleyCat
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here with two other girls for the weekend of Daisho Con.
-Great employees
-Comfortable beds
-Environment was quite
-Room was 'roomy' :P

-Would've gone swimming but didn't get a chance. But from what i did see of the pool it looked clean and welcoming.

-If they could change anything, maybe add a continental breakfast. :)
-Only real bad thing about this hotel was our room door, we had to pull on it super hard in order for it to lock. I did let them know, so hopefully it has been corrected since our stay.

Loved this hotel, can't wait to stay there again this November! :D

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here from July 3rd through the 7th. When I first got there the room I was given reaked of smoke. This is a non smoking hotel, and the cleaning crew should be reporting this and cleaning the room accordingly. I asked to be moved and the only option was a handicapped room. The tub had patches in it, and the bathroom light was broken. I asked them to fix it and they came in, but the problem continued. They said it was the humidity and there was nothing they could do. The pool had a weird film and was freezing. Needless to say I won't be returning. For a little more, I could have stayed somewhere and gotten my water park tix included.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thelemalove93
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The motel was priced right and it was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mouse111
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I often travel through the Wisconsin Dells and stay here when it fits. I have always had a nice, quiet stay. The motel has inside hallways, and adequate parking. Staff is always friendly and makes every effort to place me in a room that fits my needs. Beds are small, so my spouse and I often get two beds instead of one. Makes for a better night's sleep for both of us. I recommend this Motel 6. If you want a large room, this is not the one. Having stayed here no less than 10 times in the past couple of years, I can say that for the price, this is a winner.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Nisswatraveler
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My friends and I went for a day and a half visit in the Dells, just couples. We looked high and low for a place that wouldnt break the bank for one night and found this Motel 6. Its location just off the highway a few miles or less from Tanger shopping outlets. It was PERFECT! We paid under $100 for the night and it was a very clean hotel. I would absolutely go back! It was nice that it was just outside of the busy Dells strip too!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2Bloved
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
#25 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Devils Head Resort
Devils Head Resort
#1 of 1 in Merrimac

Been to Motel 6 Lake Delton? Share your experiences!