“Love this place!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Baraboo
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Love this place!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Clean. Great customer service. We've been back year after year with our kids. So much fun! Totally worth the cost. Outdoor and indoor parks are great! We had a special request this year due to travel times and they were helpful and accommodating. We had a great time again this year.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank ANS0750

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
FITCHBURG
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Glacier Canyon is a well maintained resort that is connected to the Wilderness and they share some magnificent waterpark areas. It is an absolute wonderful place to take a family. The condos are beautiful, well maintained, spacious, and fully furnished. There is a water area for all ages. The outdoor pools seem to be open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. But come anytime of the year and the indoor pools and slides are terrific. Our grandkids and friends just love this place. When you stay there you get a wrist band for access to all the pool areas. In addition and at an extra charge, they have a zip line, lazor tag area and lots of other things for the kids.

There is also Wild Rock golf course near by that is an absolutely beautiful place to golf but a little pricey. If you come in the spring or fall, you may wish to check out Cold Water Canyon golf course. They usually have 18 holes w/cart for very reasonable prices. It's the course at Chula Vista Resort. The front nine is an older course with narrow, wooded fairways but very lovely and the back nine is a links course. It's a great course offering a variety in the nines.

Also, you will find many good restaurants in the Wisconsin Dells area. (This is in the WI Dells area, even though the resort has a Baraboo address). Come in the summer to the Dells and something is happening all the time. Ho Chunk is also just a few miles down the road and be sure to check out the candy factory for Cow Pies near Ho Chunk on Hwy 12, I think it's called the Baraboo Candy Company, Home of the Original Cow Pie (this is actually chocolate and carmels and nuts and very delicisou. A must try! They have them in all sizes.).
Lots of shopping in the area, a Tanager Mall and many tourist shops downtown. You'll want to check out Cranberry Connections across Hwy 12 from the resort. They have lots of neat items and some samples to try too.

My husband and I are retired now and prefer to go in the quieter time. We always look forward to our stays at Glacier Canyon. It's a lovely place and lots to do at the resort and in the area. If you can, go more than two days!.

Room Tip: If you are using the waterpark, ask for a room closest to the enclosed walkway. Glacier Canyon and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MCCARTHY/PATRIC... M
Hinsdale, IL
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We liked it. The waterparks, both indoor and outdoor, were great. The 1 bedroom was nice, but we were surprised that cots were not available. The bedroom was quiet, but there was a bit of noise audible (from the hallway) for the kids sleeping on the sofa bed. Nonetheless, it was a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was recently contacted many times to visit the resort and take a tour of the area. I was offered four free air line tickets and a $50 American Express gift card. I finally agreed. After I showed up I was lead to a sales area. Shortly after I was told I did not meet the requirements and if I took the tour I would be charged $400. The letter with the qualifications specifically stated you had to be a member of a house hold with a income over $60,000. I may not look like it but my household meets the requirement. I was introduced to a man as the manager who refused to give me his card but wrote down his name as Steve Cross, and another associate that refused to give his name but appeared threatening. These people are committing fraudulent acts to receive personal information. This is unacceptable and should not be tolerated in proper business practices. It was a very unsettling and nerve wracking experience. I would be very careful when dealing with this time share company. My family owns two others with no problems. Patrick Beaumont

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
12 Thank Patrick B
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My son forgot his iPod in the room--when the person that was in charge of him went back to the room, the cleaning staff was just finishing up. They claim they couldn't find it! He insists he left it on the table between the beds--it was already gone!! I called the manager, who insists their staff goes through a background check--and they are supposed to turn in any items they find--we'll clearly they don't! My son learned a hard lesson this weekend, make sure you watch your belongings and hotel cleaning staff are thieves!!

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank minnie1020
Romeoville, Illinois
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had the 2 bedroom Presidential Suite. Room is top rate with granite countertops in Kitchen and bath, hardwood floors, bedrooms are in seperate part of room which is nice for privacy. Having said that I would expect the towels and sheets be top notch too. The ill fitted sheets on the beds looked lumpy and frumpy and the pillows were awful too. The towels were the worst as they looked like they had seen better days.

The staff was helpful and informative. My humble advice is to stay clear of the timeshare presentation as it may not always be what it seems. Lies, lies and more lies.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sam N
West Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

AWFUL! The staff and guests are rude, obnoxious, belligerent, condescending, and have no respect for guests, their time, or their money. I called the front desk NUMEROUS times regarding the use of the fitness center by other guests late at night right next to my room. Each time I was assured that security had been informed, looked into it, security swore the room was clear.. but it wasn't. The fitness room was supposed to close at 10pm. Come to find out, it was a STAFF member using the room and dropping weights until 10:23pm. Additionally, at 10:19pm, I found maintenance staff loitering in the hallways talking loudly on cell phones. I called back to the front desk, begging them to stop the noise, as it was a weeknight, after 10pm, and in addition to the staff being rude there were guests drinking and hanging out in the hallways above my room bellering at kids racing around. Yes, it is a family fun oriented place. Yes, kids scream and run in the waterparks and hallways. HOWEVER, this place KNEW there were both gymnasts competing early the next morning and had bid to let rooms to us. But, they weren't interested in housing athletes for a competition..they just wanted our money. When I called the front desk back, snarling that it was late and I wanted quiet...I wasn't rude, foul, or elevating my voice, THEY HUNG UP ON ME! The next day I went to check out and verify they had comped the room. They did not and they refused to do so. I was offered a manager (just as soon as she finished a phone call), but had to leave for the competition- I promised to return later. When I returned later...the front desk supervisor told me that she understood I had already spoken with the manager. And, that the LIVE security footage from the prior evening did not correlate to my 'story'. I told her that was two lies...to my face! They refunded me $50 of the $200 they collected for the stay, called me a liar, refused to acknowledge they had done anything wrong, claimed they had indeed looked into my 'allegations' and sent me on my way. I've NEVER had such horrific service at a hotel by the staff no less... than I received here. Please...if you like drinking in the hallways.. never getting any sleep, being called names by the staff, and generally ignored and mistreated- then, by all means give them all your money. Otherwise- STAY AWAY! I'm never going back.

Room Tip: Don't bother... the locations of all rooms is awful and loud and the staff don't care and do...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kristine K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Glacier Canyon Lodge
Glacier Canyon Lodge
#15 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wisconsin Dells
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wi...
#10 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & ...
#13 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells
Great Wolf Lodge
Great Wolf Lodge
#12 of 74 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Glacier Canyon? Share your experiences!