“Always a great time!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belleville, Illinois
“Always a great time!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My family and I have gone to the Dells every summer for the past 3 years now. We will be going back next month. I've been reading some of the reviews as I do every year and I'm always amazed at the negative remarks. First of all, no trip is ever going to be perfect. We always buy our condo in the Wyndham section through ebay. For around $1000 we can have a presidential suite for a week. These rooms are fabulous. Why anyone would book through the resort is beyond me. We only buy presidential as they have the cathedral ceilings and we like that. We have our own washer and dryer and a full kitchen. We do buy groceries at Wal-Mart for breakfast and lunch but usually go out or order in for dinner. We take advantage of whatever the resort has to offer. We buy fun passes for all four of us which gives us a nice break from the parks, and we do the zipline. Considering the size of this resort, the lines are fabulous. Our first year there we went to Noah's Ark and spent the majority of our day in line. We left early. We love that the waterparks in Glacier Canyon are exclusive to resort guests. The longest line is usually the Hurricane but we get up early and go there an hour before that park opens up because you are allowed to ride only the Hurricane if you do. Why everyone doesn't do this is confusing to me. We also go back and ride at the end of the day when the line is minimal. Every other line in that resort is short. So what if the workers don't speak good English. I'm not there to make friends. We love this place and will continue to go back every year. I have a daughter in college and a son in high school. Where else would kids that age want to vacation with their parents? Nowhere!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank Nicole M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dubuque
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We took our 3-year old twins to the Wyndham Glacier Canyon lodge last weekend. Overall it was a great experience- a little crowded due to Spring break. Our room was great! Fantastic view from the deck, and what a bonus having a washer/dryer, dishwasher, plates, utensils, etc. The indoor skywalk to the Wilderness Waterparks is not that far of a walk, as some people have complained about this in the past. I'd recommend the Cubby's Cove for little ones under 3, smaller waterpark and a manageable crowd. Sales pitch right at check-in was pretty annoying- even when it was clear that we were not interested (both my kids were crying/irritable from the car ride) the saleswoman persisted in her pitch. Overall great experience, will go back again!

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floor rooms are ideal- less noise/traffic in the hallways!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ErinK3954
Minnesota
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Wilderness, Glacier Canyon and the Wyndham section of Glacier Canyon. Our most recent visit was the Wyndham section. I will focus on comparing the regular Glacier Canyon to the Wyndham section of Glacier Canyon.

The Wyndham GC section is a tad bit fancier. Wyndham GC has wider halls with nice lighting and fancier furnishings within the room itself. Wyndham GC also has a washer & dryer. The regular GC has a more woodsy feel. We loved the murphy bed & bunk bed in the GC room. The Wyndham beds were fine, equal to the regular GC. The Wyndham room was very clean. The pillow were top notch. Our rooms were 15 minutes from the waterpark. (8212 & 8214) They were the farthest end rooms possible. I suggest asking to be on the closest end to the waterpark. Even with this it is still a long walk.

The customer service at the regular GC was much friendlier than that of the Wyndham.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MinnesotaRandy
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed in the 3 bedroom/2 bath resort, rented off craiglist.I was a little leary of doing it that way, but it all worked out. Explanation at check in could of been better, we were not explained to us that we had to wash our own towels to get extras, that the resort did not supply more. We had 9 people in our resort and probley only 9 towels total were provided. Information was not provided to help make our stay a little more understandable. Staff at Check in was way friendly... Explained time share, but we did not go for their presentation. This resort is very spread out. 3 seperate waterparks. Nice bonus was free shuttle to their restaurants! I would stay here again!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kt1980_98
minnesota
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I love this place. My family and I come here at least once a year if not more, normally always in the off season. This year we scored a sweet deal over Christmas week through a Wyndham owner who was renting his unit out last minuet. I have Rented many of these units, I have also done a 3 bedroom Deluxe room that I have wrote a review on as well.
You can find many people on Craigslist and Ebay who rent these units out, but let me give some advice on this make sure you can use pay pal as that is the common form of payment for these transaction, if you don't know the person and its your first time going through someone give half down then after you call the resort to confirm reservations made in your name give other half, I have never been scammed before going through TS owners for Glacier canyon.

Wyndham Glacier Canyon is different then Glacier Canyon Lodge and so you are well aware this review is NOT for a glacier canyon lodge (they are owned by wilderness not Wyndham).

Room: The rooms are immaculate, when you walk in your mouth will drop, especially if its a presidential suite, these places are nicer then my house, I could live here all year long if only I could afford it :-) They have beautiful hardwood floors, high vaulted ceilings lined with wood. They also have a large kitchen with stainless steal appliances, marble counter tops, they have all the amenities you would need to cook with. There is a lovely fire place in living area, the furniture makes you feel like your filthy rich :-) Like a king you sit at this huge wooden table with these chairs that are way way big. One room is a master suite with a nice king size bed and a white jacuzzi tub. The tub will clean itself 15 minuets after use for 1 minuet making loud annoying sound, so if you plan to use it at night so you don't have a heart attack remember it will make lots of noise so best to use not to late at night. The shower is also huge...lets just say the whole thing about the room is huge, even the doorways are like 3 feet higher then my husband who is 6' tall. the other room has two queen beds and its own bathroom too....you wont be disappointed.

You do get free water park passes too.
They have a kids club for the kids with bingo and other craft related things. Wilderness also has a kids club which Wyndham guest are welcome to use.
They have a list of games and movies which are available on a first come first serve basis for Wyndham guests, you check them out free and when you bring them back 1 at a time no more then one item at a time then you can get another one...that is a nice feature.

Walmart is about 5 minuets away.

Suggestions on things to bring
Some type of cleaner for the kitchen as they have nothing to clean with except water and soap...I bring Clorox wipes
If you want to bring like a electric skillet and maybe a electric pan if you plan on making big meals for your group as they only have 1 of each type of pot or pan and nothing like that.
games from home as they do have a dry park that is like a huge play indoor McDonald for the kids and they have chairs and tables and often times we like to play cards while the kids go play.

they do have hair dryers in the room to so no need for those

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank caramelnsilk
Shafer, Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had a fantastic time staying here. As owners we had some points to blow before the year was up and decided we would stay in a Presidential. We spent three nights here and enjoyed the place completely. That is not to say the stay was without issues. The place was dirty. Dog hair in a pet free building was strike one. Strike two was actually out of Wyndhams control; they only had two watermarks open during he day.....which was more than enough as the place was dead. Unfortunately they decided to do repairs to the Hurricane while they had the park open causing a noxious fume to stay in the park. My wide and kids got headaches from the smell. The workers were wearing venilation masks when they exited the slide.....I asked a worker is this smell safe? I got the shrug of the shoulders! Nuff said we were done at the pool. The indoor playground saved the day and prevented the strike out. I will try it agin someday, probsby just in a regular unit as I was not at ll impressed by the presidential!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We've stayed at the Wyndham Glacier Canyon at the Wilderness twice- in two and three bed room units. The resort is wonderful- so much to do and so many conveniences built in- like the shuttle bus that drives you from the door to the waterparks. The rooms are spacious and have all the amentities you need. Not always the cleanest though. The carpets badly need cleaning. I want to take the master bathroom home with me- it is beautiful and the kids love seeing how high they can get the bubbles in the whirlpool to go. We'll be back- might make it a winter and spring trip annually.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristin M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
Glacier Canyon Lodge
Glacier Canyon Lodge
#14 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Baraboo Inn
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wisconsin Dells
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wi...
#10 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & ...
#15 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Glacier Canyon? Share your experiences!