“That was your last chance”

Baraboo Burger Company
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Baraboo
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'm a local in Wisconsin Dells and often visit the Monk's at the Wilderness. A few times we have been in Baraboo and decided to eat at their Monk's. It wasn't worth it. Our server was slow. Even though there were only 2 of us our server managed to get everything to her table of 4 (that came in ten minutes after we did) before she got anything to us. This included our appetizer, entrees, and bill. She was rude, never smiled, and seemed pissed off when we asked for napkins. What really made me give up on this place was my burger. They have the best burgers I have ever tried with a great variety to choose from... but after 5 times of ordering my burger prepared medium and having it come out well done.. I'm done. Retrain your staff or close your restaurant. You are giving Monk's a bad name.

MonksBar, Public Relations Manager at Baraboo Burger Company, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your honest feed back of Monk's Bar & Grill- Baraboo. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations of food and service quality, especially after repeated visits to our Baraboo location and patronage to our Wisconsin Dells' locations. We would like to hear more about your experience. Monk's prides itself on its service standards and historic burgers, and if you wouldn't mind sending an e-mail about less than satisfying experience to info@monksbarandgrill.com, our owner and management would be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you, again, for your sincere feedback on our menu and service quality.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Every trip into Baraboo I stop in for an AA burger. This clean and popular institution is a great lunch place. Solid menu and service.
Great beer selection, large bar and seating area. It's downtown on the village square. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank B W
Reviewed May 6, 2013

That about sums it up.

The food is always good. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu, but I recommend ordering one of the daily specials. From the St Patrick Day specials to Meatloaf Wednesday (EOM) always good. Always.

Staff is really friendly, fun and attentive. Badger and Packer game days it is the place to be. Love Monks.

1  Thank SC9728
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We really enjoyed eating here! The food was great and the staff was friendly. The menu is mostly burgers which are great. I had the chicken burger (kind of like a turkey burger) which I really loved. You should know that a serving of fries is huge! And they are also very good! I really enjoyed the atmosphere here too. It has a sports bar feel without the darkness of most. It is also appropriate for children and families.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Monk's is a great gathering spot after a (football, basketball, volleyball) game in Baraboo. they have an upstairs room with plenty of seating. GREAT burgers, and friendly service.