“Yummy food, Good Price”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We choose the Farm Kitchen based on the recommendation on the owners of the Willowood Inn. When we first walked in I was worried. The place was empty and it could use a new coat of paint on the inside. But the service was great and the food was better. Our waiter was unflappable even when our over tired toddler started acting up. We will visit there again next time we are in the area.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I stopped here after a long day at Devils Lake State Park. Since it was late and we were starving we opted for the buffet. It was pretty standard buffet fare. The salad bar had a good selection of salads but the entrees had been in the steam table a while. The only veggie selections were mashed potatoes and corn. I think that there are better options in the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were in the Baraboo area and were hungry for dinner. We stopped in the Farm Kitchen to see the menu, and found that they had a buffet. Generally, we prefer buffets when we don't feel like waiting for someone to take our order. Actually, most of the items on the menu were not appealing and were more expensive than the buffet. At least there was some salad items on the buffet to choose from. It was close to the end of the day, and everything looked like it had been there a while, but because of the time of day, we were really limited as to where we could eat, so we decided to stay. From the buffet, I had the baked chicken (very dry), but my husband said the fried chicken was very good. Other items on the buffet included mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn and bread-too many carbs! I loaded up my plate twice with salad (colorless iceberg lettuce) and other items. Desserts were an assortment of pan-type cookies on a table. It was just OK-better than going hungry, but I would not go back.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Old style restaurant, which would be great if they'd bother to clean it or replace anything from the 50s. The food was bland and anything "fresh" (i.e. not from the buffet) was freezer burned. Not worth it with better restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Very typical buffet of abundant average food that sits on a steam tray too long. Nice salad offerings but other vegetables were absent Tired place overall that might be ok for a am alternative to a cookout after camping at nearby Devil's Lake State park.