Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
Ringling House Bed and Breakfast(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
$116
Best Western Baraboo Inn(Baraboo)(Great Value!)
$80
Hotels.com
$50
$55
$53
Hotels.com
$106
$60
All reviewssteam roompark plazaroom was cleanhot tubhot breakfastpool areatoilet and showerup to datefourth floorthe breakfast areayogurtho chunk casinofront desk clerkfree breakfastvery nice hotelrestaurant barwi dells
Reviewed October 10, 2007

We were looking for a cheap, one night stay at a hotel in the Baraboo area. We found Park Plaza. It was a great rate and the hotel is your basic hotel. Our room was clean with the exception of stains on the floor and desk chair. Our biggest complaint was they have an air conditioning unit that sticks out of the wall. The room above has the same thing. The A/C unit in the room above us was dripping water onto our A/C unit all night long, so there was a metal "ting-ting-ting" noise happening all night. We told the front desk about it in the morning and they acted like they had never heard of such a thing before.
We checked out the free continental breakfast and decided to go elsewhere where we'd have a larger selection.
We probably won't stay here again even if we do have to spend more money elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dolly2377
Reviewed September 12, 2007

I booked this hotel on Priceline for a great price. We had planned on stopping in the Dells on the last day of our trip to meet friends and go to a water park. I found out that all of the hotels/motels in the area were booked. I should rephrase that to 2 star and above hotels were booked.

It is about 15 minutes from the Dells, but that was fine, we were only here one night.

The pool area was nice. Beds were great, rooms were clean.

We had dinner in the restaurant and it was very good, not too speedy though. Breakfast could be set up to be more organized and add a toaster - waited forever for one of the 4 slots.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank berly1657
Reviewed August 26, 2007

This hotel was nice and clean and the staff were very friendly. It was very reasonably priced and the kids had fun playing in the pool. We will definitely stay there again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 29, 2007

My dad and went to the Park Plaza hotel in July of 2006. The stay was wonderful. The service was great, the people were nice, it was perfect. The hot tub was warm and bubbly, and the sauna was a nice touch. The regular pool wasn't cold, but it wasn't hot either. It was comfortable. I didn't like that the pool only went to a depth of 5 feet, it made it very hard to jump in. The room was good but my dad and I kept fighting over the bathroom. The shower was clean and the shampoo smelled good. There is also a patio, which was very dirty with leaves and such.

We also made a visit to the restaurant located on the property. You don't have to go outside or anything, it's in the same building. I have to say, the meal was pretty expensive for just my dad and I (I ordered off the kid's menu.) But the service was great. I hated the waiting for the food part, for I am very impatient.

The location is great because if you don't want to eat at the restaurant located on the property, you can drive or possibly walk down the street and eat at a different restaurant. There was a family restaurant my dad and I went to and ate breakfast the last day of our stay. It was excellent. Also, if you need anything whatsoever, there is a super Wal-Mart of K-Mart diagonally across from the hotel. It's a nice touch. It's not as close to Noah's Ark and Mt. Olympus, the attractions like it would have been nice to be, but usually there wasn't much traffic.

There was only one problem. We stayed for a week, and about the third day of our stay, they ran out of ice on our floor. I had my father call the front desk, and they said they would refill it soon. I had to go onto every floor looking for ice. Only one floor had it, then other people found out there was ice working on that floor, then pretty soon it was empty. During the evening, I went again looking for ice to see if any ice was in any machine, they were all empty. They didn't end up refilling our ice until the next day.

I also liked how the hotel wasn't crowded like the rest. Usually the pool had a few people in it and the hot tub had some too, but I usually didn't see many people in it.

In the pool room, there is a statue of some egyptian thing. It's pretty cool. The hot tub is fairly small, you could only fit about 7-ish people in the hot tub. But it's wasn't crowded during our stay; there were usually no more than 4. So there was always room. My dad said the hot tub wasn't hot tubby enough because it wasn't warm. But he's a guy. It wasn't super hot because I could go underwater in the hot tub without being hurt or anything.

I enjoyed my stay. It was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed March 10, 2007

A friend and I stayed at the Park Plaza March 9, 2007. We booked online and got a great rate. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable...relatively new pillow-topped mattresses actually let me have a great night's sleep. Great value and I would stay there again.

Stayed: March 2007