“Good price, clean, comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

Clarion Hotel and Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   626 W Pine St, Baraboo, WI 53913-1039 (Formerly Park Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Baraboo
Pierre, South Dakota
“Good price, clean, comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We just needed a quick overnight stay while traveling between cities. This hotel was very clean, comfortable, and the price is reasonable. It's 5-10 miles off the interstate. Our kids used the pool & had fun. The breakfast was sufficient (yogurt, pastries, cereal).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We went there for a romantic weekend so we stayed in a jacuzzi room. The room was spacious, the jacuzzi was perfect and the towels and bedding was soft and cozy! My only complaint is the room was very dim. But only 5 minutes from dells and we didn't care about waterparks so it was perfect for us. They do have a decent pool and hot tub but never made it there.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mhluv2wski
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel October 19 for just one night. We knew would arrive late and leave early. When I made the reservation the staff asked if what type of room I wanted (I said quiet!) When we arrived at 10pm the staff was friendly and effecient with our key all ready to go. We had a quiet sleep in a clean room. The shower had a nice spray but the bathroom was small. The only thing I missed was the plastic bag usually found in the closet so we had somewhere to put our dirty clothes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I made a reservation at the Clarion for Thursday, October 4 for myself, my husband and our dog. I was given a confirmation number, a pet friendly room and a price. When we arrived at the hotel I was told there would be an extra cost for our dog. The person who I made the reservation with told me our dog was included in the price he quoted but we paid it. What do you do in a case like that?. When we got in our room our dog found a large piece of chicken (looked like a KFC chicken breast) under the bed. We took the chicken to the front desk so they could speak with housekeeping. I disputed the extra charge and have now received two calls from the manager. One stating I would receive the extra charge back and one saying they are going out of the pet business. I do not recommend this hotel because of management.

Room Tip: I would not get any room in this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judith M
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I were able to get away for a "mini-vacation" to the Wisconsin Dells! I was able to use my friends and family discount to get a great rate for this hotel! We arrived not knowing what to expect, but it was GREAT! I had originally booked a room with two double beds, but I called about a week before arival to see if they would happen to have a room with a king size bed! The VERY helpful guest service agent was happy to put me into a king room! When we arrived were pleased to find out that we were given an upgrade to a whirlpool room!! It made our vacation! The guest service agents at the time of check-in were very helpful and friendly! It was an excellent first impression! The hotel is a little outdated, but still very clean (which to me is extremely important)! It was only about 12-15 minutes away from downtown WI Dells, but to us that was perfect!! A few things to remember about staying in hotels... make sure you put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door! (I forgot to do this, and was woken up by housekeeping entering the room at 9am the next morning)! I know better! :) Great stay, great staff! We will absolutely be back again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Clean, Comfortable, and Reasonable.
We used this as a jumping off point to rediscover the southwest part of the state. it worked out great as we are outdoor people and it is also near state parks for hiking. Fall colors were perfect! We booked on Sunday and Monday …hardly anyone there. They also have a very nice restaurant(attached sort of a bar and grill) that served half price apps to have during the Packer game.

Room Tip: I am not sure if all rooms are smoke free…but ours was and this was a good thing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I wish there was a 2.5 rating. This was a mixed experience. The rooms were no surprise for the Dells (well, close to the Dells anyway). Older, a little run down. Water stains on the ceiling of the bathroom, etc. But my main problem was the humidity. True, it was August, but it was 70 degrees outside. They put us on the 5th floor, which is the highest floor. Normally I would love that because there's no noisy people above us. But it was SO humid in the room, and extremely hot in the hallway (again, while it was 70 degrees outside), but there are no air conditioning in the hallway. There is one sad wall unit in the stairway. There are wall units in the room, and the room itself was cool but practically dripping with humidity. It was so bad that my asthma was acting up. I had a hard time breathing, and by the next morning, had to ask for a different room. They were more than accommodating and did find us a room on the first floor. It was a larger jacuzzi suite as well, and was a little less run down. The humidity level was MUCH better there, but it was still a little damp. Our bathing suits never quite dried, even after days.

Overall, the experience was just ok. It was a little more run down than I would have liked. The continental breakfast was alright, nothing great or terrible. The pool area and sauna were decent. But I would be very concerned about staying on the higher floors during a hot, humid summer day.

Room Tip: Lower floors have way less humidity, hallways are NOT air conditioned!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraboo
BEST WESTERN Baraboo Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dell...
#4 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 823 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Su...
#10 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
Campus Inn Motel
#6 of 9 in Baraboo
3.0 of 5 stars 32 reviews
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#19 of 72 in Wisconsin Dells
4.0 of 5 stars 314 reviews

Been to Clarion Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!