“Still a fun afternoon”
Review of Circus World

Circus World
Ranked #3 of 41 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Owner description: Circus World in Baraboo is America's favorite circus attraction! Baraboo was home to The Ringling Bros. Circus from 1884 thru 1918, and during those thirty-four years the operation grew to become the largest circus enterprise the world has ever known. Although the Ringlings left in 1918, many of their original structures survived.During the summer months, Circus World comes to life with daily live shows and demonstrations. See the world’s largest collection of glorious parade wagons plus 7 authentic Ringling Bros. buildings filled with colorful, big top memories. Enjoy elephant, pony and carousel rides; cotton candy, ice cream, tasty sandwiches and 2 gift shops. Experience a live circus performance and exciting illusion shows with magician Tristan Crist. Experience the thrill that never grows old at Circus World!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Still a fun afternoon”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I grew up in Baraboo and this was my first time back to CW in about 15 years. The show was fun for the kids and (spoiler alert) I always like to see a baboon brandishing a revolver. The show is much smaller than it used to be, but the Hippodrome is so up-close-and-personal, I almost liked it better than the big top. The vintage wagons and posters are fantastic works of art and I appreciated them much more than when I was a kid. Fun activity in Baraboo for all ages.

Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Madison
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A gem in a small town”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have visited this attraction twice. This is a good recreation as well as an education spot for kids and family. I would say that the admission ticket is cheaper compare to traveling circus attraction. At the Circus World Museum, you can see almost back to back variety of circus attractions in its big tent starting from the museum door is opened until it is closed. However, if we see the traveling circus attraction, we only spend 2-3 hours there. In addition, if you AAA insurance card you will get ticket discount. One thing that guest should keep in mind that this is not a zoo, so you won't see lots of animals. It only has animals for riding (e.g., elephants and ponies) and for circus performances.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Young at Heart”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I did not get to see the circus as such, but spent an entire day visiting the different barns and exhibits. It makes you feel young at heart and want to be a child again and run away with the circus.

Lake Geneva
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fun , great for the kids”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went with my own family when I was young and I took my own family there and had equally the same fun. Kids love animals and there is no lack of that. Go spend half a day and create memories to last a lifetime

1 Thank Donna J
Jefferson, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Family Fun!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our family went here for the first time last summer. We happened to be here on the day of the Buffalo Bill Wild West show. Very cool. We had a ride on an elephant, ate yummy snacks, saw the circus and also all the wagons. Lots to see and do, lots of history!

1 Thank KMS1122