“Hot weather, but worth the trip”
Review of Circus World

Circus World
Ranked #2 of 46 things to do in Baraboo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Circus World in Baraboo is America's favorite circus attraction! Baraboo was home to The Ringling Bros. Circus from 1884 thru 1918, and during those thirty-four years the operation grew to become the largest circus enterprise the world has ever known. Although the Ringlings left in 1918, many of their original structures survived.During the summer months, Circus World comes to life with daily live shows and demonstrations. See the world’s largest collection of glorious parade wagons plus 7 authentic Ringling Bros. buildings filled with colorful, big top memories. Enjoy elephant, pony and carousel rides; cotton candy, ice cream, tasty sandwiches and our main lobby gift shop. Experience a live circus performance and entertaining Nothing But Nonsense show with Steve & Ryan. Experience the thrill that never grows old at Circus World!
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to see Circus World the week it was record heat in Wisconsin. It was 102 in the shade, no joke. We were hot, the buildings were hot, the entertainers were hot, and the animals were definitely hot.
We saw all the attractions and enjoyed each part of it. The musical attraction was very interesting. The animals were really good although you could tell they were not used to such heat. The entertainers were definitely not used to being in full costume in the heat, but they all did a great job. The old fashioned circus top was interesting, but the circus wagons and their history was of interest to us because of the uniqueness and history that they represented. The European and American circus wagons were a lot different, and we didn't really know anything about them.
The museum on the inside was cool and so we went there last. We wanted to make sure we saw all the attractions that we could first. It was also very interesting and packed full of all kinds of costumes and stories about how the brothers worked together in the circus.
If you are looking for something that is interesting and educational, this was definitely worth the time. We had a great time, even if everybody was a hot day.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I did not know what to expect, but I really had a good time. The movie clips, photos, and old circus posters were very interesting. The highlights for me were the circus wagons and costumes. J\It was off-season so there were no animal acts. If I had kids, I would visit when the animals are there and the rides are running,

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I took my 5 grandchildren and they loved the circus performance.None of them had ever been to an old fashioned circus before. It is a great place for grandparents to take the grandkids.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had some time this fall to stop in. Our group of 5 spent most of the day browsing the museum, watching the movies, and strolling the outside grounds, it was 10,000 times better than any of us expected. While it was off season, the animals gone, the circus acts gone, we still were astounded by this park. It was clean, well kept and the staff friendly and courteous. The magic act, while brief, was good as well. Several in our group are going to plan a "family reunion in the Dells area, and the decision to do this was in great part due to the museum and the fun time it must be in the summer for the kids. A must see - the circus wagons, all beautifully restored. I was never interested in circus history or anecdotes, but this is a must see for anyone that may be passing through the area.

1  Thank LauraStevens
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Please be certain to read the display to the left of the entrance of this museum/park. It goes into detail about the relationship that the Ringlings had with the local bank. It was very interesting to learn how they were supportive of each other a relationship that most banks today have no idea how to achieve.
We arrived the week after the summer season and that was just as well because I spent HOURS in the circus wagon building appreciating the complex wonderful wagons. The artwork is amazing and I only took 312 photographs LOL.
The display of the poster art was also entrancing, there is nothing hokey or over done on the entire huge site.
The magic show was self depreciating and that I did not agree with stylistically but then I like entertainers to celebrate their acts. If you got it, flaunt it!

2  Thank forestcats