“Best Burger Ever!”
Review of The Orchard - CLOSED

The Orchard
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Orchard Event Center is Western Wisconsin's premier event center, specializing in weddings and corporate events. Contact us today to book your event or wedding. Our many room options make The Orchard the area's finest location for your event!
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Best Burger Ever!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our first visit to The Orchard and we met friends for dinner. The server was super friendly and attentive. My husband and son both ordered the barbecue burger. Not typically a burger gal, I went for the steak. While my steak was ok, the burgers were fabulous. Juicy and meaty, cooked perfectly, served on a great bun. We all agreed they were the best tasting burgers we had eaten anywhere in a long time. I guarantee, next time we go, I'll be ordering a burger just like the guys! The only downside to our visit is that the place was super noisy. There was a wedding reception going on and some of the guests were pretty rowdy and bumping into our table. Not really a place for great conversation, though the high-backed booths might be a little better.

• Visited June 2013

Columbia, Missouri
“Not a good night”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and been very satisfied. If this had been out first visit I doubt we would eat here again. Our server seemed disinterested, lettuce in all the salads was wilted, the brisket was so fatty it wasn't edible to me, had to ask for water , rolls and coffee more than once. Coffe splashed in saucers so it dropped when we drank it. Just many things that made it an all around bad experience tonight. We will probably try it again since its usually good but sure hope things get better.

• Visited May 2013
“Good food, Good company!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been going there since it opened. Things have change, but the food has always been consistent. There cheese curds are the bomb, on Fridays and Saturdays the prime rib is the best!

Visited April 2013
Clarksville, TN
“A Delightful and Delicious Surprise”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We visited The Orchard with a friend as a special meal... and we were not disappointed. The menu was varied without being 'too' (a menu with too many selections always scares me...) with enough uniqueness to make it interesting.

We started with cream of broccoli soup and French onion soup…and the French onion was a show stopper. It was one of the best my husband has had (and I agree, as I ‘stole’ a taste!). The bread served with the starters was freshly baked and warm. Our entrees were horseradish encrusted beef fillets & grilled shrimp served with flash fried kale and garlic mashed potatoes, and prime rib (the cut was huge!) with sautéed mushrooms and a side of sweet potatoes fries. The meats were perfectly prepared; from my ‘rare’ to our guest’s ‘medium’. For dessert we had the hot fudge brownie sundae, apple crisp, and an apple tart. Oh my goodness… Each of them was fantastic and large enough that we SHOULD have shared! LOL

Our waitress was excellent and attentive to our needs, making special accommodations for our friend who is elderly.

The booths reminded me of the ones in Scotland… large and enclosing, making for a feel of privacy. I do wish there were cushions tho, as the sitting became uncomfortable by the end of the meal. But even with that, I will choose to sit there next time too.

Overall I was very well pleased with the entire package… food, service, and atmosphere. I’m looking forward to going back on my next visit to Baldwin.

• Visited October 2012
BALDWIN
“Don't look for a great selection menu”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I remember this place as just a barn, the owners spent a great deal of money to refurbish this to a resturant. But their menu is bland. They depend more on wedding and other functions. Not what the public wants. It's ok but unless the have country music. I would not go there toeat.

Visited February 2012