“freindly staff, quite room”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Baldwin
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baldwin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very freindly and helpful staff at check in. Our room was a king bed with a whirlpool tub at the far end of the building. Very quite and very clean with lots of towels. Breakfast was good, breads seemed fresh, waffles were good , and there was bananas, apples, cereals, donuts, and muffins.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2012

In the past eight months we have stayed at the Baldwin AmericInn about 14 nights. The staff was positive, accommodating, and very hospitable. In fact, they knew us by name. We have stayed in a variety of rooms, each different but very comfortable. We especially enjoy the small town atmosphere. However, even though it is a small town, don't linger in making reservations in advance. Baldwin may be a small town, but it is a busy community.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the inn offer turkey sightings. The balcony room is lovely. the cookies and l...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
AndrewDyb, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Baldwin, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Robert, thank you for your kind words. We always love hearing about guests who have stayed with us for years. We look forward to seeing you again soon. I think you will be impressed by all the changes coming to the hotel. New breakfast items, carpet ect.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We live in the Chicago area and have been staying at the Americinn for 10 years plus when we are in town to visit relatives. We enjoy the country atmosphere and it is always clean and the breakfasts are good with healthy selections. The staff are friendly and always willing to provide us with whatever we need. The prices are reasonable and we feel that if special rates are offered, it indicates that management appreciates when the clients frequently use the facilities and want to show their appreciation in that manner.The pool and hot tub is an added attraction that our grandchildren look forward to using. We highly recommend this hotel for those travelling through or in the area as a great place to visit!!

Room Tip: Make reservations as early as you can. Availability is limited at certain times of the year. We try...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed at the AmericInn Baldwin for a couple nights, in part to have a visit with Grandma. The staff were helpful, friendly and attentive. The lobby and breakfast area were relaxing. The pool was nice (a little cool) and the hot tub was nice and hot. The room was clean and spacious. If we find ourselves in the area again we will definitely stay at the AmericInn in Baldwin, WI.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
AndrewDyb, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Baldwin, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. The staff and I thank you for your trust in us and hope you have many more enjoyable visits with Grandma. Family is very important and we hope you think of us as a home away from home. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit. FYI - the new beds and HD TV's are now in every room!

Best Regards,

Andrew Dyb - General Manager

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We found this gem during an impromptu road trip. It was late, we were sleepy and thanks to our handy Garmin we were directed to the AmericInn Lodge in Baldwin. Upon entering I found the lobby to be warm and welcoming and the staff was super. Our $119 room was quiet, spacious and included a king size bed, whirlpool, and fireplace which turned a super fun day into a super relaxing and romantic evening. We did not utilize the pool but apparently it stays open until midnight for adults....a plus in my book.

Only disappointments and they are very minor:
1. Hotel breakfast....need I say more?
2. Bubble bath instead of bath salts.
3. Noon check-out instead of 11:00am.

Otherwise, highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We had a friends reunion this past weekend and our group will never go back to this hotel. We were quoted $89 per night which is fine until my husband and I checked in and saw that others in the hotel were only being charged $69. The front desk really should watch who's name they pull out. They would not price match the price that we saw. We had another couple sharing our room with us and were not going to be there until later, so I went to the front desk to leave a key. The front desk person was very rude and tried to tell me that I was not able to do that. Having worked in the Hotel world, this happens all the time. We did not want to wait for them, finally I was able to leave a key. We never did get a bill to see what our room was, so I was surprised when I looked at our Credit Card statment to see that we were charged $10.00 then quoted by them. They quoted us our room and taxes, so why is this $10.00. And we were not the only room in our group overcharged. When brought to the front desks attention they did not care at all about how disappointed we were. I tried calling the manager and suprise suprise he was never available to talk. Our group will never go back to this hotel and we are a group that likes to get away on weekends away from the kids and enjoy ourselves. So yes this hotel lost out on a lot in the future from us!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
RandySud, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Baldwin, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your groups stay with us at the AmericInn Baldwin. I use comments such as your to improve what we offer and the level of service we provide. I share all comments with my staff.

I am dissapointed you feel that you did not receive value when staying at our property. The rate quoted to you was based on the number of rooms booked by the group and a discount off of our normal rate. I can see why this maybe confusing even though you stated you have worked at a hotel before. Hopefully I can explain. Our discount rates, not-unlike other hotels other businesses such as airlines, are based upon the number of rooms a group books and when they are made. In this case, the room you say had a lower rate than you was part of a group that booked much farther in advance and many more rooms. This is why they had a bette rate. I am sorry for the confusion and hope I was able to explain it a little better.

I thank you for your comments and do hope you will give us another try, I have heard many great comments from other people within your group. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or comments you may have.

Andrew Dyb
AmericInn Baldwin

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Baldwin is probably not a popular destination, However it was close to my late Grandmothers home where we were attending her funeral. We rented two adjoining rooms that were nice and very clean. The room had plenty of towels and coffee and provided shampoo etc. ( getting rare in the " green= nothing " hotels) The staff was really nice, there was an indoor pool for the kids. A lovely breakfast with waffles, donughts, cereal, beagles etc was served in the lobby. I have stayed in many upscale " big city " hotels they were not as clean or as friendly. Only draw back was the smoking out front. if you find yourself in need of accommodations in this area you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwin
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Comfort Suites Hudson
Super 8 Baldwin
Super 8 Baldwin
#2 of 2 in Baldwin

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Baldwin? Share your experiences!