“Phoenix Bar & Grill”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This most likely is the best place for gathering in Baldwin, WI. FOOD IS EXCELLENT. If I had anything to add would be a broader menu.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is a fairly new restaurant in Baldwin, WI just off the I-94 freeway. It has a new, well designed modern sports bar/Chilis type of atmosphere that we enjoyed a lot. In spite of getting there in the middle of the afternoon we had to wait a considerable time after a group which had just arrived before us. Otherwise the food was extremely good and service was friendly. The prices reflected the quality of the food, around $15 per entre, many more than that. The menu is terrific and shows a great deal of creativity and variety. The owners try to convey a sense of local foods but this is difficult to confirm with many of out of season menu items. Other than the wait we were very happy with our experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been coming here since it opened it seems to get better each year it is open. I personally like the Burgers and Ribs mostly, there menu has many items to choose from. The owner and staff are very nice and you always get taken care of very well, I would recommend coming here if you are looking for great food with a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great spot! We always go through Baldwin on the way to the lake but we've never stopped here. Beware that the portions are huge! We had enough leftover for a second meal. Very large food and drink selection. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visited Phoenix Grill on Saturday night, around 6pm. We met two other couples there. Good thing we were running late and our friends got a big table before we arrived because the place was PACKED!
This review will be just for my husband and me, as I can't speak for our friends.
We started out with a Coors Light ($2.75) and a Newcastle Beer ($3.75). We ordered some wings. The waitress told us the bang-bang sauce was hot but not as hot as the traditional "Buffalo" which was the hottest they had. We ordered the bang-bang with a side of Buffalo ($.50 extra). They were nothing. Even the "hot" stuff wasn't hot. They were just "ok".

Dear Husband ordered the half slab of ribs ($13.99?) and I ordered the Saturday night special, Fire Shrimp tacos ($13.99).
The ribs were fall off the bone tender. The sauce was "ok, it was good". He said he would order the full slab next time. The ribs came with a choice of sides, he ordered the fries and the coleslaw, which he said was very good. He only got a small handful of fries.
The fire shrimp tacos were very good. The shrimp were very large and tossed in the "bang-bang" sauce. The only suggestion I have is that the tortilla shells be slightly larger because the insides kept falling out (black beans, corn, lettuce, giant shrimp, sauce).
Dessert was a turtle cheese cake, which won rave reviews from the husband. He said that was the best one he has ever had.

I had troubles trying to narrow down my dinner selection! For once, there was a giant selection of wonderful sounding dinners on the menu. I am already looking forward to our next visit because I already know what I am getting!!

Unfortunately, I didn't get our waitress' name. She was a blonde young lady who was very attentive and patient with us as we asked her question after question. I hope we get her the next time too!