“Order steak frites & you won't be disappointed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chives Door County

Chives Door County
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indiana
“Order steak frites & you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

Our extended family ate dinner here not once, but twice, during our recent vacation in Door County. The steaks were so good, we had to make a return trip. Both the steak frites & the filets were excellent. We've been coming to Door County for quite a few years, and my husband and I were in agreement that Chives in Baileys Harbor is the best place we've gone for dinner. Food & service were top notch!

1 Thank sdmang

Algoma, Wisconsin
“Staying Consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

Chives in Suamico is always our 1st choice but decided it try Bailey's Harbor for our Anniversary. The food was excellent, wine list extensive and service very good. We were happy to be seated in the library room where it was quiet and away from the main dining area that was quite noisy. The scallops were terrific and my husband is never disappointed with their steak fritte. Cooked to perfection, I love dessert but not overly impressed with the chocolate dessert that we ordered. Chives in Suamico, Bleu in DePere or Chives now in Baileys Harbor - consistent excellent food and service! Can't wait to try their new bakery for their bread!

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

We're in Bailey's Harbor several times a year. It's wonderful to see this newer restaurant here. Interior is well done, service is top notch, and food is fabulous. Pork tenderloin came with potato pancakes that were nice and crisp and some of the best I've had. Calamari was light and delicious. My wife had mussels that were very flavorful. We'll be back.

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great food - good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

This was our first time at this restaurant - the food ranks up there with the best!!

I had the French onion soup, and it was almost as good as Lake Park in Milwaukee. My wife had a special - chicken meatballs - and they were very good. I had the chicken Marsala, and found it delicious.

I would strongly recommend this restaurant as an upper end site for great food in Door County.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Terry K
Illinois
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went to Chives based on the reviews here. We loved our meal. I had the onion soup and it was among the best I have ever had. I actually came back to the cabin and looked up the recipe. I also had the crab cakes which were listed as a small plate but had three small ones and with the soup made enough for dinner. My husband the the fish and chips. It was huge and the shoestring fries were out of this world. Our server was Maria and she was very friendly and efficient. We will definitely be going back to Chives.