“Great waiter”

Harbor Fish Market and Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Distinctive waterfront dining in the heart of Door County. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner seven days a week spring through fall. Outdoor, garden, waterfront dining in season. Healthy kids' menu. Full bar with exceptional wine list. Creative menu using locally sourced ingredients. Great gluten free and vegetarian options. Wonderful historic building right on the water in downtown Baileys Harbor, Door County, Wisconsin. Reservations encouraged and can be made on our Facebook page or on our website.
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Our waiter said he was new. Think his name was Kyle. Was spot on felt like I was in in the city. Great wine presentation. Service was superior. Food was also exciting. Nice work .see you again

1  Thank hotfoods
Karen B, Owner at Harbor Fish Market and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

We agree -- even though Kyle is new to us -- he has already found his way into being one of our customers' favorite servers. It was so nice of you to take the time to write this review -- we appreciate it sincerely! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Second time having dinner here at Harbor Fish Market. Food was very good! I had the lobster boil, which is a lobster, clams, mussels, corn, and potatoes, a huge plate of food. Also came with lobster bisque and desert. This is a rare find in Door County as there are not a lot of restaurants with a water view. Wine list is very good with a lot of California wines on it. While this restaurant tends to be expensive, the freshness of the fish and quality of the preparation justify the price.

Karen B, Owner at Harbor Fish Market and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

We really appreciate that you took the time to write this review! It's only 6pm on a Friday and we've already served 18 lobster boils tonight! Reviews like this just make us smile -- and we thank you sincerely! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I were here for lunch. I ordered the quiche and my husband had a hamburger. We both enjoyed our meals. The views outside while we were eating were pretty!

1  Thank rita_from_wentzville
Karen B, Owner at Harbor Fish Market and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here! Your comments are appreciated -- and we sincerely hope to see you again soon! Best wishes and we hope you have a great summer!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Had a nice walleye dinner which was tasty and nicely presented. That's about all that was good. The atmosphere was a downer, primarily because the guests near us were talking loudly about tasteless topics. The staff did not greet us on arrival or on leaving. The waiter was attentive but a fake type of friendly. For the price, I would go someplace else.

My, it certainly doesn't sound like you had the type of experience here that we pride ourselves on. I would love to get more details from you -- like day you were here and who your server was -- so we can discuss your issues and address them right away. I would love it if you would write to me personally at berndt.karen@gmail.com. Please know that we always try to greet people when they arrive and when they depart -- and that we try to provide the best in service. I do appreciate that you took the time to write a review and we do take your comments seriously. I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My family has vacationed in Door County for five generations! My parents lived there and had a shop so suffice it it to say I know the territory. Harbor Fish Market and Grille is the Gold standard of service, excellence in great food and over the top owners and staff! Carl and Karen are what makes Door County my favorite place in the world: the real deal serving over the top food in a great setting! Tony made us feel at home as he served us not once but two nights in a row! The traditional New England Lobster Boil dinner was hearty and great tasting. Blackened whitefish, the lobster soup and the cherry bread pudding was spectacular! Suffice it to say we are raving fans of Harbor Fish Market and Grille! Gary and Barb

1  Thank Gary R

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! Tony is great and we intend to keep him on forever! I will share your comments with the rest of the staff -- and we sincerely hope to see you again soon!