“Great food, service, and atmosphere!”

Harbor Fish Market and Grille
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Distinctive waterfront dining in the heart of Door County. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner seven days a week spring through fall. Outdoor, garden, waterfront dining in season. Healthy kids' menu. Full bar with exceptional wine list. Creative menu using locally sourced ingredients. Great gluten free and vegetarian options. Wonderful historic building right on the water in downtown Baileys Harbor, Door County, Wisconsin. Reservations encouraged and can be made on our Facebook page or on our website.
Wentzville, MO
“Great food, service, and atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I were here for lunch. I ordered the quiche and my husband had a hamburger. We both enjoyed our meals. The views outside while we were eating were pretty!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rita_from_wentzville
Karen B, Owner at Harbor Fish Market and Grille, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here! Your comments are appreciated -- and we sincerely hope to see you again soon! Best wishes and we hope you have a great summer!

“Good food, but that's it.”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice walleye dinner which was tasty and nicely presented. That's about all that was good. The atmosphere was a downer, primarily because the guests near us were talking loudly about tasteless topics. The staff did not greet us on arrival or on leaving. The waiter was attentive but a fake type of friendly. For the price, I would go someplace else.

Visited May 2014
My, it certainly doesn't sound like you had the type of experience here that we pride ourselves on. I would love to get more details from you -- like day you were here and who your server was -- so we can discuss your issues and address them right away. I would love it if you would write to me personally at berndt.karen@gmail.com. Please know that we always try to greet people when they arrive and when they depart -- and that we try to provide the best in service. I do appreciate that you took the time to write a review and we do take your comments seriously. I hope to hear from you.
Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best restaurant in a Door County!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

My family has vacationed in Door County for five generations! My parents lived there and had a shop so suffice it it to say I know the territory. Harbor Fish Market and Grille is the Gold standard of service, excellence in great food and over the top owners and staff! Carl and Karen are what makes Door County my favorite place in the world: the real deal serving over the top food in a great setting! Tony made us feel at home as he served us not once but two nights in a row! The traditional New England Lobster Boil dinner was hearty and great tasting. Blackened whitefish, the lobster soup and the cherry bread pudding was spectacular! Suffice it to say we are raving fans of Harbor Fish Market and Grille! Gary and Barb

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Gary R
Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review! Tony is great and we intend to keep him on forever! I will share your comments with the rest of the staff -- and we sincerely hope to see you again soon!
Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food- Historic Setting”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Love to visit the Fish Market. Owners and staff are always welcoming. My favorite meals are breakfast (AM sun on the lake is gorgeous.) and lunch (some of the best soup ideas ever!). I'm not big on going out for evening meals. Try the French toast with cherries; it's a treat, especially outside on a sunny morning in summer.

Also love the old building's past -- dance hall, movie venue, tavern and more. The bar is an old Brunswick, the floors are original, the ceiling is the original tin. Great atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leann D
Loved your review! We are so glad that you enjoy our historic building also. It is now over 105 years old -- and still going strong. The only building of that age in the county still being used for basically it's original purpose. We hope that you will join us again this year! Thanks so much!
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Mediocre Food + Terrible Service”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We had been to the Harbor Fish Market a half dozen times and had a pleasant experience each time. This time, the waitress' behavior was nothing short of hostile. She even rolled her eyes at my wife when we requested a substitution. She was slow and the food was cold with one order incomplete. Too many other good options in DC to waste a meal at this place again.

Visited December 2013
4 Thank itineraryWI
I am sorry that you had such a disagreeable visit! And, please know that your opinion matters greatly to us and we pride ourselves on our good food and service. I would like to hear more details -- and would like to address your concerns directly with the server. I note that you were here in December and didn't write a review until April -- so it definitely stayed in your mind. Please drop me a note at berndt.karen@gmail.com and let me personally discuss this absolutely unacceptable service with you.