“Good fish sandwich”

Harbor Fish Market & Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Distinctive waterfront dining in the heart of Door County. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner seven days a week spring through fall. Outdoor, garden, waterfront dining in season. Healthy kids' menu. Full bar with exceptional wine list. Creative menu using locally sourced ingredients. Great gluten free and vegetarian options. Wonderful historic building right on the water in downtown Baileys Harbor, Door County, Wisconsin. Reservations encouraged and can be made on our Facebook page or on our website for groups of 4 or less. Fantastic Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and Mother's Day buffets. Closed January 1 through Good Friday 2018.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Husband and I stopped because the place had outdoor seating. We wanted a little snack so we got the jalapeno poppers and the Fish sandwich to split. The jalapeno poppers were great, but really how hard is it to mess those up. The fish sandwich was fabuolus though. We both wanted more. I did order there wonderful bloody mary, just to find out it was average. They also had a Rod Stewart cd playing the whole time which we found a little odd.

1  Thank CCHELSEY6

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice restaurant, friendly host and server. Chowder and Lobster Bisque were good but not at all hot! Lobster roll was overpowered by the taste of cucumber. If you want to use a filler, try celery or onion!

1  Thank janmac50
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The weekend before Memorial Day and we had the place to ourselves for lunch. The hostess/waitress was very very nice, friendly and attentive. She may have been an owner? Got the best seat in the house, enjoyed a wonderful Bloody Mary before our meal, and had the special chicken sandwich on a crossiant. Reasonable, delicious and pleasant atmosphere. We will be back for dinner sometime!! Two Thumbs up!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was in Door County over the weekend and had such a delicious breakfast that I just had to return for lunch and dinner. This place is a gem (i.e. it ROCKS!). From our table, I had a great view of Lake Michigan. The coffee was the best I've ever had and and the pit ham was mouth-watering as a side dish and in my omelette with Wisconsin cheddar cheese. The hash browns were perfect!

For lunch, I had a delicious walleye sandwich and exquisite Harbor Chowder, topped off with an amazing cherry pie a la mode.

For dinner, my wife ordered the famous New England Style Lobster Boil. I spent half my life in the Boston area and her entree would rival even the best restaurants in Boston and on Cape Cod! I had the Prime Rib and it was magical. Our well-informed server told us that the chef cooks the Prime Rib for 24 hours and it shows.

If you are looking for great ambience, outstanding service, and scrumptious meals any time of day, I strongly recommend Harbor Fish Market and Grille. Needless to say, I'll be back on my next trip to this quaint resort area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Holiday weekends in Door county are filled with restaurants offering brunch. Having tried several of them, my husband and I went to the Harbor Fish Market in Bailey's Harbor on Easter Sunday. Upon arrival, we were offered the choice of drinks. My husband had the Bloody Mary and I had a Cherry Mimosa. Both were quite tasty. The buffet offered a wonderful selection of breakfast items as well as several delicious salads, vegetable sides and lamb, a fabulous salmon dish, prime rib and chicken. The meats were well prepared and served nicely as well. Many choices for dessert were offered. Our waitress was friendly and fun to be with. The view of Lake Michigan is lovely and the atmosphere is clean and fresh.