Visited the Hotel for a wedding (which was beautiful and lots of good company). The lodge was filled quickly (we made reservations 8 months in advance and were limited in our choices).
They have lodges (which we staying the second night). the lodges are straight out of 1970 complete with decorations and have not been updated since. they were clean and in good condition, it was just sort of like staying at your grandparents.
The first night we stayed in the hotel portion. the hotel room itself was renovated, but the bathroom was still original 1970 vintage. Again clean and everything worked.
We agreed to switch rooms to accomodate the hotel. that turned into quite an inconvenience for us because even though the room we moved too was not slept in the night before, they didn't let us move there that night nor did they take any effort to make our move easier (which was about a 1/4 mile walk away from the original room),
At the lakeside bar we were the first to sit for lunch and it took nearly 2 hours for 4 to eat - we were in no rush, but the service was just slow. Any questions asked of the front desk were met with unfreiendly responses and generally unhelpful.
For $225-$260 per night we expected much more, and although it was a relaxing weekend, for what we paid it left a sour taste in our mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a uniquely intimate waterfront resort that includes 300ft. private beach, 5-miles of nature trails, heated pool and hot tub, fitness center, tennis, fishing, kayaking, internet and buffet breakfast. Enjoy an award-winning menu and cocktails on property at Top Deck Restaurant. Select lodge rooms and cottages with water views, suites adjacent to a pristine forest, and coming soon a 5-bedroom house gracing the shores of Lake Michigan. Gordon House Event Center, an elegant venue for weddings and special events, seats up to 250 guests. Witness incredible starry nights and gorgeous sunrises and sunsets as you enjoy tranquility and beauty matched nowhere else in Door County. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gordon Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gordon Hotel Baileys Harbor
- Gordon Lodge Baileys Harbor, Door County, WI