We consider Baileys Harbor in Door County the Quiet Side. But definitely not boring. We love getting away from the crowds along the Green Bay side of the Peninsula. The Beachfront Inn is definitely the place to stay. The location is perfect - right smack in the center of town, with gorgeous of views of Lake Michigan from the front or side rooms. (The side rooms also allow you to see if Expresso Lane - a really wonderful coffee shop - is open yet. The fresh coffee, expresso, cappucinos, and muffins are to die for.)
However, the Suite at The Beachfront Inn, with it's balcony overlooking Lake Michigan is really the best room at the Inn, especially if you are spending three or more nights in the area.
All the rooms are very nice. It is a simple, clean, friendly motel/inn in a good area, on a beach on Lake Michigan. The nightly rate is extremely reasonable and there are specials offered on and off season. What more can you ask for?!?
I don't get into swimming pools much, but the indoor pool seems fun and is a nice feature on a cool windy day (It's Wisconsin folks - and it gets cool even in summer), particularly for the kids. Total strangers gather on the beach at night for a bonfire and s'mores, and laugh and talk into the late night hours (10:00 p.m.).
The owners are always pleasant and knowledgeable about restaurants and happenings in the area. Not afraid to voice an opinion. By the way, there are several restaurants in the area to choose from.
And it is a 15 to 20 minute drive across to the "other side" for groceries, gourment beers and snacks, more restaurants and Door County's famous sunsets.
As Tammy, one of the owners states - Baileys Harbor has the Sunrises. And I can say that when you are sitting on the balcony of the suite, drinking a latte from Expresso Lane, and looking out over the lake in the early morning, it's as every bit as impressive as the sunsets on the Bay.
If you contact the inn directly for a reservation, the response is always prompt. We have stayed several times, and when looking for a change in venue from time to time, we always decide to go back.
While there are other properties that are perhaps more impressive, more luxurious - the feel of The Beachfront Inn and Baileys Harbor is like going back home (and still being on vacation).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the casual style of a more relaxed age. Located in the heart of Baileys Harbor, the Beachfront Inn offers a warm hospitality while providing our guests a place to relax, enjoy the ambiance, and make new memories. Start each day with a plentiful Continental breakfast to keep you energized whether your plans take you to the beach, golfing, or touring the many shops, galleries and restaurants of Door County. When you've seen all you want to, simply relax on our beautiful deck in the sun or shade. Enjoy the subtle waves...Cool off with a dip in our outdoor heated pool...Recharge yourself. As night falls enjoy a glass of wine as you unwind to make your evening plans. Experience the best of Door County! It starts right here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Beachfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachfront Hotel Baileys Harbor
- Beachfront Motel Baileys Harbor
- Beachfront Inn Baileys Harbor, Door County, WI