“Somewhat disappointed”
Review of Beachfront Inn

Beachfront Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Baileys Harbor
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed here over Mothers Day weekend with my parents and some friends of the family, we used 3 rooms. The main disappointment I have is that we reserved these 3 rooms for 2 nights and was sent a confirmation back to us, but when it was time to pay the price had gone up. I'm really not sure how that happens when someone agrees on a price and a contract was made and then it changes. It still baffles me.
The motel was fine, it's got a great location and it's dog friendly. It's currently under construction, so be prepared for that, it was a suprise for us.
If you stay here just double check the rates, they may change on you like they did us.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank teds1515
BeachfrontInn, Owner at Beachfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2011

We are sorry for the misunderstanding you had with your reservation. What happened is the confirmation letter was sent to you but only reflected the first night stay that was included in the package you chose. The second night was to be added over above the package but for some reason did not appear in the total cost. When the other parties came into pay the balance, I explained it to them and they also stated the prices in the confirmation letter didn't seem right and seemed too low. I only charged an additional $25 for the second night instead of the full price.
There was no intention to over charge or change any prices.
Tammy Bork

Reviewed October 25, 2010

we actually chose the hotel for our dog. She's 12 years old, and we've never taken her on a trip. So, I searched high and low for a hotel that was in an interesting location for people AND for dogs, and this was it!

The hotel is 5 hours north of my house, so getting there was half the fun. GPS took us on a very scenic route up Lake Michigan from Chicago. We arrived around 4pm, and check-in was a breeze. Our room, #105, was on the first floor next to the office. Not a problem. Our view was directly out onto beautiful Lake Michigan - we had to walk through the office or around maybe 5 other rooms to get to the lake. Friday night the firepit was blazing so we went and explored, met nice people, and made s'mores. Exactly what I'd hoped/expected.

Saturday was a little rainy, but we explored Peninsula State Park. No firepit that night because of the rain, but s'mores aren't quite like I remember anyway - one night was enough! Sunday morning we were awakened at 5am by loud voices upstairs (I think they were Packers fans going to the game later that day) but they quieted down soon and we were able to sleep more. We checked out quickly, an adjustment was made since I'd been charged for 2 dogs rather than one, resulting in a reduction in my cost - a pleasant surprise -and then we hit the road.

Bailey's Harbor is small compared to the other resort towns like Fish Creek or Sister Bay. There was a coffee shop that served breakfast directly across the street, 2 bars that served food, and 2 restaurants. Limited, but ok. The hotel has an indoor pool but it was closed for the season - disappointing.

The bottom line is - my dog liked the beach, was nice to the owner's two dogs, seemed to enjoy the trip and weathered the drive. Exactly what I'd hoped.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

What a pleasure to find a nice clean comfortable motel that allows dogs! Not just allows them, but welcomes them. Our dogs are seldom on leashes and it was a pleasure to have them walk freely around the grounds and on the beach. They were welcome to roam in the office and greet other guests. The price was great and the room was large with comfortable beds. We couldn't have made a better choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Tammy and Terry are great hosts and make you feel like old friends. The view from Room 101 is incredible and totally relaxing. The room is clean and the beds are comfortable. The pool is clean and warm. The bonfire at night with s'mores is just the icing on the cake. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Rooms were incredibly small but the view was wonderful. The best view I had my entire trip in Door County.

Our check in started off on a strange note. I booked this hotel months prior and upon arrival was given a choice of staying at the hotel or going elsewhere. Not sure if this elsewhere was part of the property or they double booked and was sending us to another lodging..or what the deal was..
But it left us wondering how the rest of our stay would be..
As mentioned the room was small..the electric outlets were in short supply and the one in the bathroom couldn't charge a cell phone.
But the view..I had a fanastic view of the water from my room. This alone would make me stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichiganGizmo
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We have a very enjoyable evening here. Our 12 year old dog loved the calm atmosphere and ready access to the beach. We loved the beach access, easy access to nearby restaurants. Our daughter loved the pool! Very friendly and helpful service as well. We would stay here again for longer than one night next time.
My only complaint is that the walls are a bit thin.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Mamahippy
Reviewed August 23, 2010

A nice place right on the lake. You can hear the waves lapping on the shore. If you can stand to have the windows open, that is. At 430 in the afternoon, they crank up the fire pit on the beach, and the smoke comes in the room's window. You could turn on the A/C and close the window, but why do that on a nice day? Why not start the fire at 700 or 800 when it's actually getting dark and cool?
Had a similar experience with the motel's grill that they provide for guests. Some guys proceeded to move it under our window and cook their dinner there. So, smoke again. The motel needs to have a sign about this.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 17 in Sister Bay
Country House Resort
Country House Resort
#1 of 17 in Sister Bay

Been to Beachfront Inn? Share your experiences!