“Nice place to stay at an affordable price”

and 1 more site!
Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Baileys Harbor
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the first time we have ever stayed at Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort in Baileys Harbor, WI. The staff was very friendly and the prices were very reasonable. Room was very clean and quiet. Hotel is very well kept and before booking our stay, I had emailed them several times and they were always very quick in answering my email and answering my questions. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The room we stayed had a queen bed and a twin bed and was seperated by a half wall so you had privac...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank James B

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was somewhat leary of booking this place do to the other reviews but thought that we would give it a chance. Should had known better. We have stayed at a lot of places thru out the US but this had to be one of the worse places for the money. We were in the Twin Cedars South cabin which is not listed on the web site as one of the options available.

The only good things to say about the place was that it was quiet, had a microwave and mini fridge. Problem with the microwave and fridge was the placement of it! If the fridge would had been turned to sit another way from the corner it was in it would had been possible to plug in the microwave! In order to use the microwave I had to move a table away from the wall, put the microwave on the table then plug it in!
First night there couldn't keep sheets and matress cover on the bed as they were too small! After telling staff about it they did change them the next day.

Everything except for the lamps and tables were horrible in the room. Bed was totally worn out--sagging on both sides, no support. Carpet was stained and worn. Bathroom shower stall was very tiny and not very clean. Room was never vacumed during the four days we were there. The couch was shot--leaned against it and it rocked! Would had been better not to have a couch at all!

Understand that it is under new managment/ownership but this is not a way to run a a lodging establishment. This "cabin" is very small and wouldn't cost much at all to put a new renament carpet in and repalce the linloeum in the bathroom. I am sure this cabin isn't rented out every day and the improvements coudl easily be completed in a few hours time with not much expense.

Room Tip: The main lodge looked nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank spudsters
coachliteinn, General Manager at Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We were leasing the Inn during the '12 season while working towards completing the purchase of the Inn. This held us back from being able to make many of the required improvements that we know the Inn desperately needs. I will say, we did try to set the rates accordingly and we were among the lowest rates for inns and cottages in the area. We hope to complete the purchase this Fall/Winter and are very excited to being making the necessary changes that will help guaranty a great stay during your, and all of our other guests future visits.
The Ridges Inn & Suites Management

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Ordered the room last minute, and can see why.....rooms were still available.....

where shall I start?

limited parking spaces (we returned from a drive in movie around midnight and there was no where to park, so ended up parking on the roadway, moved the car early next morning in pajamas, not a good way to start a morning)

no windows to open for fresh air, had to rely on air conditioned air

patio, no screen door to open for fresh air....had balcony room.....unable to get any fresh morning
air in (lovely woods right outside the back door) also wooden toilet plunger stick serving as a
security door jam and it was hard to lift out.

wifi available and very fast BUT NOT MENTIONED ON WEBSITE OR BY CHECK IN STAFF

Tv, okay we all watch tv on vacation......even if for five minutes catching the news or some late night show.......NO CABLE TV.....I mentioned it THREE TIMES and was told each time
"Who watches tv on vacation?" I DO.......I like to glance at the news, while I sit in my stuffy room, with cheap coffee brewing.....hehehehehe...don't you?

Shower is awful, crappy plastic door from 1980's and no water pressure and get this HARDLY any HOT WATER. I had to wait one day 5 minutes for hot water, and that was at 630AM.

The landscaping is nice, some power cords hanging here and there....some cracks and raised parts of the sidewalk. Nice having a fridge in the room......the furniture is very very dated.

We paid well over $125 a night for this room....and it should have been at least brought more up to date (the red pilling crappy bedsheet) was so bad, I ripped it off the bed each night.

Shower toiletries included the tinest bottle of shampoo that I have ever seen and a bottle of lotion, again two drops inside........and two makeup face washing wipe things?
I don't wear makeup.....neither does my lovely wife......what is this a joke?

the bed was so low and uncomfortable so ask for extra extra pillows.

Otherwise some good things.....

woods nearby lovely
quiet and peaceful

that's about it.....this is our third time to Ridges......staff seemed nice but not professional
I expect you to wear a uniform or nice dress up clothes.....hehee

Good luck if you come up and stay here in October...I'd stay down the road at another hotel....

Room Tip: If you are so inclined, ask for a bigger room upstairs with the vaulted ceilings....yawn two flights...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shaun E
coachliteinn, Manager at Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

We are sorry that you were less than satisfied with our accommodations. To address some of your comments, we have a rather large overflow parking lot on the south end of our property. Perhaps because it was late when you arrived, you were not aware of it. We will listen to your great suggestion and add to our website that we offer WIFI as an amenity. We are in the process of upgrading our TV package at this time. We have never had a guest complain that our shampoo and lotion bottles were too small. These are standard hotel size amenities that many other hotels in this area offer as well. Housekeeping does replenish these items upon multiple night stays if needed.
The Ridges Team

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I think Ridges Resort has a lot of potential. Its location is great - Baileys Harbor is about equidistant from all the major towns on the busy side of the pennisula. It is pet friendly and very near a dog friendly beach. The unit we rented was very clean, if old and outdated, and it DOES have wifi, something the website was unclear on. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

We rented the Twin Cedars cabin for a week. I think the bathroom is the only thing that had been improved at all, and even that was hit or miss. I would not recommend this cabin for a stay during a hot month. The AC is ancient and does not work well. Most everything else is outdated but works. Bring extension cords for your electronic devices! The only grounded (three prong) plug I found was near the door and above the stove. Made using my laptop difficult until we purchased a power strip. Bring extra pillows for the couch - the stuffing on the arms is long gone and can be downright painful. Keep your pets on a short leash, because there are gaps in the base of the cabin large enough to crawl through! The carpeting is painfully old, something no amount of vacuuming can fix.

The biggest problem we encountered was the beds. The kids were okay with the ones in the second bedroom, but they think sleeping on the living room floor is a treat, so I'm not sure they're the best judges. The bed my husband and I tried to sleep on, however, was hard and not suitable for sharing. Any movement by your bedmate makes the bed wobble up and down, enough to wake one from a sound sleep. My husband took to sleeping on the couch because of this. We left a day earlier than intended, because we were so exhausted.

We got a good rate and knew not to expect much. Staying here freed up vacation money funds for many things. Hopefully the new ownership will do a lot of updating over the slow season, because even with reduced rates, I don't think we'd stay again if no improvements are made.

The motel units looked much nicer -perhaps this is where the updates have been focused so far? But we did not see inside one so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank odiedragon

Dear Guest,
We thank you for giving Ridges Inn & Suites a try and for providing a fair assessment of your recent stay. We also appreciate your suggestion to clarify on our website that WIFI is available throughout our property. We continue to be in the process of making numerous upgrades throughout the 2012 season and our rate structure was designed to reflect this. The electrical outlets are one of those items to be updated, however this type of work must be performed during off season. We do hope you will stay at Ridges again in the future and see for yourself how the improvements are progressing.
The Ridges Team

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. We had waited a little too long to make reservations for Labor Day weekend so there weren't many places within our budget to choose from. I didn't read the reviews until after we had booked and I was certainly quite anxious. There was absolutely no need to worry. We stayed in the Carriage Suite and while the furnishings may be outdated, the space, comfort and service we've experienced NEVER go out of style. We called down for more coffee and sugar and it was up to our room in less than 2 minutes. The staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful and the room was clean. Amenities we enjoyed in this suite were a tub that was so big it could fit three people; a fantastic vaulted ceiling; fire place at the flick of a switch; super comfy king sized bed; and a wonderful screened in balcony. We will definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: Carriage Suite is AMAZING. It's huge, has a massive tub with jets and a fireplace. While other...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kate Z
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I are please with the Ridges Resort. Our entire stay was well worth it! The room was clean and nice. We had no problems with the room. The patio glass door was so clean I thought it was left open. The gounds and the lodge look good and are well maintained. Plus, making the reservation via the internet was easy and quick.

We are very pleased and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Portperson
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Ok, we were a bit nervous when we read the other reviews but upon arrival were put at ease! The staff were very welcoming and accommodating. We did take a look at both buildings,the main building was clean and seemed to be well kept. The other building was called the Wicker which is were some of these bad reviews may have stemmed from. It was bit outdated. OveralL we had a great experience and would defiantely come back!

• Stayed: August 2012
AppleCreek Resort- Hotel & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
Somerset Inn & Suites
#3 of 8 in Ephraim

Been to Baileys Harbor Ridges Resort? Share your experiences!