“Good for breakfast, but not the coffee”
Review of DC Deli

DC Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've been to DC Deli a couple times both before and after changing ownership and have always enjoyed breakfast. The most recent visit they just didn't seem to have it together. Service was slow and the waiter a bit frazzled even though there were only four other customers at the time. I asked for coffee and noticed they used "Alterra" labeled sleeves for the to-go cups. But when I asked the variety they were serving I was told, "it's not Alterra, it's generic, we have regular and decaf, but it's still very good." It was more like Folgers or Torke, thin and boring, so I thought the sleeves were a bit false advertising. Anyway, they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and do a pretty good job with the food. Just stay away from the coffee unless you like it bland.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Smoked ribs, pulled pork. Excellent. This is new location for them. I used to visit them when they were in Sister Bay. I was disappointed to see they'd gone but delighted to find out they were re-established in Bailey's Harbor. Worth the drive to the other side. Check days open before going.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here while spending a weekend in DC. She got the gyro wrap and I had the beef brisket sandwich. Both were incredible. Great outdoor seating and view of Bailey's Harbor. Easy street parking. No complaints. We will be back.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Absolutely outstanding view of Lake Michigan and Baileys Harbor. The menu is casual, (if you enjoy hot food, has for the peanut butter jalepeno cheddar burger)! Families with small ones are welcome - my kids earned a free ice cream for naming 10 countries on the restaurant place mat coloring sheets. Pricing is very reasonable for the area. Our suggestion - call ahead as the hours are somewhat limited. We will be back.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This casual restaurant sits up high and has parking in the front as well as in the back. The views out front are lovely and the outdoor dining appears very comfortable. I stopped to have lunch with a friend and we sat indoors. What a great place. Very friendly. Nice menu choices. My portabella wrap was delicious. The french fries here, recommended by my friend, are truly outstanding! There is a large lawn in the front where kids can play. The lake is just across the street. I will definitely stop in again.