Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
This place is beautiful and so relaxing

We visit Door County in October every year and unless it is pouring rain, this is always one of our... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
kas36538
Peoria, Illinois
Great trails!

First time here and we really enjoyed it! Beautiful location, fantastic well maintained trails... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Steven R
Pewaukee, Wisconsin

All reviews nature center wild flowers maintained trails guided hike visitor center door county nature preserve trail map dirt trails great trails unique flora board walk deer flies upper range close to nature beautiful wildflowers peaceful walk
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Took a bird hike here one morning and had the best time. The naturalists who led the hike were delightful. They were knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. We learned about birds and wildflowers. An absolutely wonderful spot!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Ridges consists of a series of sandy ridges separated by marshy swales. The easy to hike trails criss cross the marshy swales. The trails are very well set up, with fun board walks through the marshy swales. You can hike the whole think in an hour or two. Just make sure to use some bug spray.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The best thing to say is that the staff was so engaging and did such a nice job helping us find birds and talk about the mission of the sanctuary that we became members by the end of our expedition. Thank you Julie and Jane.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm sure this is a very good nature park but I wasn't able to experience it myself. I'm not from this area, so I'm not used to dealing with mosquitos. I went with a friend early in the morning a day in June, and as we pulled up to park, I could see about 20 mosquitos through my windshield on the hood of my car and on the windshield itself. We got out and started on the trails, but had to turn back. We just couldn't get past the onslaught. I understand this is an especially bad year for them, because of the late snows and rains, leaving many very wet areas for breeding. Just be aware. I went to many other areas of Door County looking for birds and nowhere else was it this bad. Also be aware there is a $5 fee for using the sanctuary.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Ridges sanctuary is a private, not for profit park founded in 1937. It was well worth the $5 entrance fee! We loved sitting and listening to the frogs, watching the dragon flies and butterflies flit around the unique natural habitat. The ridges is host to two range lights that used to aid ships into the harbor. We got so many great pics and would recommend to anyone looking for a nice serene day to get away from it all!