“Dirty & Smelly rooms!!!!!”

GuestHouse Inn Williamstown - Marietta
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Williamstown
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The room we stayed in was dirty had not been cleaned. Second it was 20 degree outside and the heat was not on 2 hours before it was warm enough to take my coat off. Third it smelled musty & mildew. Still in shock and regret that I stayed there. The hallway was dirty dingy dark. And last but not least the parking lot had not been cleaned of snow!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
11  Thank Maggiemay1962
mak k, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn Williamstown - Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Maggiemay1962,

I want to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay with us. I want you to know that this is not our property's standards. I'm sorry for the issues pertaining to your ac unit and cleanliness of your room. I can assure you that any guest issues brought to the attention of our staff are acted upon quickly and promptly. If you are ever in our area again please contact me directly and I will be happy to accommodate you.

Mak

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotels was ok. My room was not very clean. Looked like they had rushed to go home and did a quick pass thru. The night manager was very polite and did everything in his power to help me. When I checked out in the morning I was treated terribly. The manager acted like I was not even in the room. When he finally addressed my concern he spoke to me in a very condescending tone and the woman who worked with him was just as rude. I will never return to this place. if you value the way you are treated, this is not the place to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
12  Thank erin h

Erin h,

I have read your comments and I apologize for the inconvenience you had during your last stay. We appreciate your feedback, and want you to know that we have brought in some new staff since your last stay. I am happy to see that the night manager was so hospitable during your stay with us. All of our staff would love the opportunity to host you again whenever you visit the Ohio Valley Region again.

Mak

Reviewed May 27, 2013

They were so nice. The room was very clean & we felt at home. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The staff and cleaning service was terrific. I am going back again and recommend this property to anyone. I facilitate Marriage Covenant Ministries and will be happy to send any of our ministry staff here

Room Tip: Just talk with front desk manager they are excellent in helping you get exactly what you want
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank August171986
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Long day and you just want a clean, comfortable stay. Staff greeted me with a joking smile and let me talk of my long day. Gave me a first floor room that was nice for the price. Just staying over night so just want no issues. Room was clean and furnished with a nice bed and TV. Free internet too. Priced right. Also has fridge and microwave, not usually included at a room priced like this. Will stay again as it is close to Marietta and recommend to friends

Room Tip: stayed one night saw one other room and it was of the same quality. I looked at room before I accep...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank refrick
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Free parking, free WiFi, fridge, coffee maker and microwave were all positive. Exit did not give any dining options except Dutch Pantry which you receive a 10% discount by staying at hotel. Room was clean, albeit a bit outdated furnishings. Bathroom could stand some updating, but fine for a one night stay. No luxury, a typical interstate hotel is what to expect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IndianaAllinfan

Been to GuestHouse Inn Williamstown - Marietta? Share your experiences!