“Best Buffet Breakfast”

Main Dining Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This buffet breakfast was awesome!! I have a lot of experiences with breakfast buffets and this one set a new "high bar" for my expectations. Everything was so good that I went away completely stuffed and that is not the norm with me. I usually know when to quit.

1  Thank Philip W
There are newer reviews for Main Dining Room

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I was very disappointed with the dinner served in the Main Dining room, the food was pretty but did not taste very good. It was very expensive and after dinner we were still hungry. When I return in the future I will skip this restraunt.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We enjoyed two wonderful dinners in the Main Dining Room. Service was fantastic as always (a special thank you to Rick!!) and we loved listening to live music both nights…a very classy touch. The dining room itself is just stunning and the food equally amazing...my favorite dishes being the Lemon Thyme Roasted Free Range Chicken Breast with Rolled Truffle Angel Hair Pasta and the Jumbo Lump Crab Dressed with Citrus Crème Fraiche. And of course, you MUST order the famous Greenbrier Peaches! The breakfast buffet is delicious & decadent. I can't recommend this restaurant enough.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Fine dining at its best!

This is by far one of the finest dining experiences we have ever had. The food was exceptional, the service was beyond outstanding.

One of us has a dietary restriction of no alcohol in their food that has not been totally cooked out. Several of the dishes we wanted had uncooked alcohol in them, we asked if they could and would accommodate us on this. The service staff took our request to the chef, who said that it would be his pleasure to fix any item we wanted to meet our needs. The Crab salad became a Crab Louis, the best we have ever had. The Worcestershire Glazed Beef Short Rib was to die for! The five onion soup was totally different from any we have had before, and it was awesome!

We had the breakfast the next morning in the Main Dining Room. The buffet had anything and everything one could want for breakfast. The pancakes with the Greenbrier peaches were wonderful. The pancakes were among the lightest and best we have ever eaten.

We look forward to our next visit here.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Yes, you have to get a bit dressed up, but it's all part of the fun for a meal at this elegant and beautifully appointed large space. I found it rare and refreshing to see ladies and gentlemen nicely dressed to be show to tables as piano music played in the background. Yes, it's pricey, but we called it our evening's entertainment (we are not casino customers). Our waiter Harlan was a delightfully low key and informative young man. We had three bread selections in our basket: popovers, hard rolls, and melt-in-your-mouth cornbread. Both our entrees were beautifully prepared. My chicken and pasta was accompanied by a pleasing sauce. My husband's beef was prepared to perfection. Perhaps my favorite dessert of our entire week's vacation with various stops was the chocolate soufflé. I still dream about it. I am so pleased we made the Main Dining Room a must-do!