“Great value & friendly service”
Review of Carlito's #2 - CLOSED

Carlito's #2
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We were immediately greeted,and seated at a table. Chips and salsa were served before we could order our drinks (they are fast). There was a large selection of your typical mexican dishes. I was surprised that their prices were low. The steak fajitas were $11.50 and the 3 taco dish was $5.50.
The tacos were packed with chicken/ meat, lettuce and cheese. I asked for tomatoes, which they added without charging extra. They tasted very fresh. The seasoning was light for a mex restaurant and wished they were more flavorful. However, I added guacamole and black beans which added the flavor that I was looking for. The guacamole ($3 for the bowl) was delicious.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is poor quality food made with artificial cheese and mystery chicken pieces. Yet, it is better then the Carlito's in Lewisburg.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

The strawberry margarita was a large size for a regular-size price, with plenty of go-juice in the drink. The fountain coke was on the sweet side. which is the way I like it.

The complimentary chips were a tad too thick, but the salsa was a home-made sauce that had excellent flavors of tomato and flavor enhancing spices. My wife and I had two bowls of it - highly addictive, and I would recommend you request a third if you order the HOT fajitas!

I had read the review indicating the spice in the food was too mild, so my wife and I both ordered the HOT fajitas.

In 40 years of eating Tex-Mex, the fajitas served up were the hottest fajitas I have ever tasted! In addition to the wonderful underlying spice on the skirt steak, the chef had drizzled mashed red chili peppers and juice on the meat to make it extra hot; you could see the chili seeds on the steak. The flavor was both firey and sublime.

My wife is of Asian descent and they use every type of chili pepper in their food preparation; she deemed the fajitas equivalent to the very spicy foods she grew up with, but are rarely found in commerical preparations of the dishes. If you need to turn the heat down a notch or two, the aforementioned salsa can neutralize the effects of the red chili if you dip the fajita meat in the salsa.

The accompaniments were perfect, my wife said the rice was light and fluffy. I found the refried beans to be of perfect consistency and the white cheese complimented the flavor. The guacamole was excellent and the lettuce plentiful. The flour tortillas were fresh and warm.

The price for this wonderful fajita treat? $11.50!!!! Put Carlitos at exit 175 on I-64 in your GPS, for you won't find fajitas that taste like this and at this price again until you hit the Mexican border!

2  Thank CaribbeanWonderer
Reviewed September 27, 2012

So far as I know, Carlito's is the only Mexican restaurant in the White Sulphur Springs area. If you're craving Mexican, Carlito's will fill that spot, but their food doesn't have quite the depth of flavor that some restaurants in Beckley (Campestre is the best!), which is an hour away, have. The serving sizes are good, and the place is clean and uncrowded, but I personally like more spice.

They also offer some American dishes, like biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and burgers for lunch or dinner.

So, if you like very mild Mexican food, you'll enjoy Carlito's. If you like more bite for your buck, make the drive to Beckley and try Campestre.

1  Thank oldcrowwv