“Really fun experience with terrific food and value”
Review of The Mason Jar Restaurant - CLOSED

The Mason Jar Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Mason Jar Restaurant in White Sulphur Springs, we offer Homestyle cuisine and BBQ at the State Fair Cafeteria on the State Fairgrounds of West Virginia in Fairlea, WV. Cafeteria open to public during the State Fair in August and providing year-round catering services to the Greenbrier Valley and beyond. Let our team of chefs customize a menu for your upcoming event.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I am from Charleston WV and my sister still lives there, so White Sulphur is a half way place to meet for lunch. We came here for the first time this morning, and were blown away by the nice servers, terrific food, and general wonderful WV laid back time. we now have a regular place to meet for lunch or dinner, and I imagine this place gets really busy a lot of the time. Critics of the ambience need to get a life, and enjoy a warm and friendly environment with excellent service and food in a quaint and basically struggling community. White Sulphur is really lucky to have a restaurant of this quality stic around in the midst of so many empty store fronts downtown.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

run by one of the chefs at the greenbrier, it is good American food for a lot less. down home and rustic but staff very pleasant

2  Thank statestreet96
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

The food was good on the lunch bar. The BBQ chicken was awesome. A really nice waitress helped us in finding some shopping.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had an early lunch there during the first week in October. Their $8.99 lunch buffet looked intriguing. The soup was worthy of seconds and the fried chicken excellent. The salad bar was about average. There are a limited number of selections in the buffet, but there were more than enough to satisfy me. Everything I tried was well-prepared and tasty.
The restaurant started filling up while I was dining and looked to be all locals. Always a good sign for good food at a reasonable price. The service was both efficient and friendly. I would happily return the next time I'm in WSS.

1  Thank Norvil
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great cost effective lunch. Walk into town from the Greenbrier (easy walk) and enjoy this little spot.