“Pretty average food selections”
Review of The Mason Jar Restaurant - CLOSED

The Mason Jar Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Mason Jar Restaurant in White Sulphur Springs, we offer Homestyle cuisine and BBQ at the State Fair Cafeteria on the State Fairgrounds of West Virginia in Fairlea, WV. Cafeteria open to public during the State Fair in August and providing year-round catering services to the Greenbrier Valley and beyond. Let our team of chefs customize a menu for your upcoming event.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

No options for gluten free good choices were available and the staff and management did not try to accommodate my need for such. some of the food seemed to come from a can.

WV-Chef, Owner at The Mason Jar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Shannon,
I was very upset to read your review. We can definitely accommodate special dietary needs. Requests for gluten-free options are becoming more and more common these days. Since our food is made fresh, I could have amended a dish or created something else to your dietary needs and tastes. Call me the next time you are heading over, and I would like to make you a dish. You are also welcome to tour the kitchen...the only cans you will see is cans of tomatoes, ketchup to refill dispensers and Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. :) I would also love to get your input as I am updating my current menu and hope to offer more health-conscious offerings! Look forward to hearing from you, Chef Adam

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Good value - great fried green tomatoes! Nice wait staff! We ordered from the menu and enjoyed the sandwiches. Lots of fried food though...

1  Thank jj_from_phila

jj, thank you for your input. I am actually working with my culinary team to offer more non-fried options and still sticking with high quality fresh ingredients. Stop in the next time you are in our area and sample the new offerings!

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Went and eat at the Mason Jar 6/09/2012--the food is GREAT--the only restaurant that can compare with the food is --Shatley Springs NC. The service at the Mason Jar is very poor--one might want to call 911 to have their waitress ( SHOCKED ) to see if they are ALIVE!! Went to the local Shops after lunch and all of them said " He has never Had good Help!!! I told them they must be family!! Just think of the money they could make if they got some ---GOOD HELP!

2  Thank curtis t
WV-Chef, Owner at The Mason Jar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the food! We are working hard to focus on getting the front of the house staff up to our standards and to teach them to anticipate our guests needs, exceeding expectations. No, they are not family members. I would like to thank you again, as I use guest comments such as yours as a teaching tool to my staff. What they do or don't do on the floor reflects on our business and with the worldwide web, their service is critiqued and put out there for all to see. Stop in the next time you come through our area and let me know how we are doing. Warm regards, Chef Adam

Reviewed March 5, 2012

The service was fast and price quite reasonable. The french fries were delickous!!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Just horrible. Nothing else I can say. Did not sho real interst in being there. Does not understand food or a sandwich. Just not worth it. Rather go to the gas station mart for a day old hot dog.

We have sent email through TripAdvisor to speak to you about your experience. It seems by your reviews that you had bad experiences all through our area of the country. We hope your next visit to Greenbrier County is a more positive experience.