“Restaurant off the grounds”
Review of The Mason Jar Restaurant - CLOSED

The Mason Jar Restaurant
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Mason Jar Restaurant in White Sulphur Springs, we offer Homestyle cuisine and BBQ at the State Fair Cafeteria on the State Fairgrounds of West Virginia in Fairlea, WV. Cafeteria open to public during the State Fair in August and providing year-round catering services to the Greenbrier Valley and beyond. Let our team of chefs customize a menu for your upcoming event.
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Service was great, food is too. And reasonably priced!

1  Thank socr_momx2

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I expected great things from this restaurant after being told the chef was formerly with The Greenbrier Resort. My husband's fish was tasty, he said, but my fried chicken was so salty I couldn't finish it. None of the side dishes were noteworthy. A man at the next table kept sending his steak back to the kitchen because it wasn't prepared properly. Hey, maybe there's a reason the chef was *formerly* with the Greenbrier.

The atmosphere in the place was just average.

Overall, it was just a forgettable experience, not a treat.

1  Thank twistin
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Great food, fun concept, reasonable priced, clean with an attentive waitress - everything you could ask for.

2  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed September 8, 2011

They have a tasty Fried Green Tomato Sandwich that comes with bacon. I was in search of some good Chicken and Dumplings, unfortunately I didn't find them here. Although there was a nice flavor, the dumplings were just too globby.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

Had steak which had high reviews here. It was very salty. My children loved their dishes and said they wanted to go back to that restaurant again. My husband and I wished we'd stayed at The Greenbrier to eat, though the food was far more reasonably priced.

Items were served VERY hot. Actually too hot. Be careful